ForumsWEPRHomosexuality

3228 468069
XeroGeez
XeroGeez
90 posts
Nomad

Apperently it's a big hot topic right now, so I want to know how gamers feel about it?

• 3,228 Replies
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Well if we could reproduce without the other sex, then why not? Although, women are a whole another set of humans. Very different, but groups like emo are just another bunch of people being different for no reason. All it does is create hate and an uncooperative society.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I really am more a fan of the differences. Possibly because I'm used to artsites where the differences (in style and taste) really stand out.
And... Really, women aren't so different. Not all of us, anyway. :P

I see your argument, though. Less differences could mean more efficiency as there would be less to argue about, hence spend time on.

But I wouldn't want the subcultures to disappear. D: Cooperation is good, no doubt in that, but if everyone was just the same... Wow... Sad... Anyway, getting off topic here, and I should be asleep. So...

Someone post something on the topic now.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Sorry about the double post (especially since it's slightly off topic), but...

All it does is create hate and an uncooperative society.

Actually that's not true. People who identify under the same subculture label often create social bonds. I've seen it in gay environments, anime/manga fans, furries, roleplayers... It creates the sense of community to belong to one of the subgroups. Sure there may be hate between groups, and sure it would be sorta neat if everyone was just this one group and happy with that. But facts are that we as human beings have developed a society where individuality is rated rather high... Not necessarily a bad thing, though I guess it can be seen as one. And with individuality comes the desire to stand out, either alone or with those who shares your interests. It does not automatically create hate, though.

Okay, 6:56 am here...
Geh, why can't I stay on topic...
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Just one thing, we don't view the world artistically

Also, getting rid of them groups doesn't mean we'd all be the same! We'd still have different personalities, which is the important thing. I'm thinking we choose friends who are the "same" as us. Its still plenty of fun though..

kris1027
kris1027
506 posts
Nomad

Just thought I'd post this link again. About the study done showing the brain of a homosexual person is similar to a person of the opposite sex.

Meaning a gay man's brain is more like a straight female's brain whereas a lesbian's brain is more like a straight mans brain. Very interesting. Just tossing that out there. Kind of hard to choose to change your brain or have it suddenly change because you are freaked out about being gay or something equally nonsensical.

[url=http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/06/080617151845.htm]

kris1027
kris1027
506 posts
Nomad
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Just one thing, we don't view the world artistically

Also, getting rid of them groups doesn't mean we'd all be the same! We'd still have different personalities, which is the important thing. I'm thinking we choose friends who are the "same" as us. Its still plenty of fun though..

I sorta do~ And choosing friends that are the "same" as us, immediately starts on the slope towards subgroups in society, no? After all, a lot are distinguished by such... *sentence construction failure*

@kris1027:
That's quite interesting. I think I'd heard about it before, but good to get a link to it. Thank you.
Brings me back to wondering about the bis, though~
J4son
J4son
405 posts
Nomad

Yeah, Homosexuality is fine, it's not like it actually affects any of you or your lives. Beyond that with my homosexual friends, most didn't choose to be that way, it more or less grew on them.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Why is it that so many people think it's a choice anyway?
I just read through the entire 'Christianity and Homosexuality' thread (it got necro'ed from the pile of old threads), and so many people were going on about how it's a choice that gays take...
Why do they think it's a choice?

Toadlord
Toadlord
497 posts
Shepherd

Ah, I'm very happy to see a topic on this.

I'm a big supporter of Gay Rights myself. I was very pleased to see California legalize gay marriage.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Why do they think it's a choice?

Well for me, I have questions that need answered. Starts from page 219-220. Think you read them already?

And I'm very skeptical of the brain study.
lil_gangsta72
lil_gangsta72
375 posts
Nomad

i disagree with homosexuality i think it is not right for 2 guys to like like each other

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

@Drace:
I've read every post from those pages (and some further back, and a lot in the beginning of the thread), but what is it you're pointing me at?
This?

As of me, I don't care for what a homosexual does, but I do believe it is not something of which you are born to.

@lil_gangsta72:
Would you mind stating why that is? Why is it not right for one person to like (or even love) another person? I assume you're not saying it's not right for two people to like each other as friends, but as lovers (the term lovers can be several things, sex is just one of them)? Ad do you only think it is 'not right' when it is guys?

Okay, back to Drace or anyone else interested in that question.
I don't think it is a choice. Simply because I (as a bisexual) have tried to deselect my attraction towards females. I really tried. Didn't really work, just pushed it back till I fell for my current girlfriend. Then I tried deselecting my attraction to males, because it's annoying to correct people calling me a lesbian (figured it'd just be easier to actually be one). Fail again. I have not been able to terminate my attractions towards either gender, which is why I believe that it is not a choice.
batsugeku
batsugeku
3 posts
Nomad

Sorry for the bad english, I speak french but I will do my best.
----------------------------------------------------
I think that homosexuality is not that bad.

And who care if it's in the brain or not ? It's juste a bad way for say that is okay. But are we not free ? Free of thinking the way you want ?

What if there is two boys who love each other ? Hey, awake, You who don't like gay, You don't understand that for each couple of gay there is two more girls alone for You ?

Gay are on the earth from long ago, not just since 2000. Leonardo Da Vinci was gay, Michel-Ange too.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Well everyone is bisexual. So what makes you different from everyone else is that you recognized it. And once you recognize it...well then you would have to forgot the thought of 'females being "friendly"'.

Showing 2176-2190 of 3228