ForumsWEPRHomosexuality

3228 467992
XeroGeez
XeroGeez
90 posts
Nomad

Apperently it's a big hot topic right now, so I want to know how gamers feel about it?

• 3,228 Replies
kris1027
kris1027
506 posts
Nomad

actually, because of the tax benefits you get from being married, It should be up to the government.

But not when they are using a biblical base to make the laws pertaining to marriage. While I realize that the separation of church and state only separated so far the bible should not be used to make laws.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

The problem lies in how they interpret their religion...
Marriage, as a religious ceremony, is up to the churches to decide upon. The legal side is the government's headache.
I fully support gay rights, but not their attempt at invading the churches... I'm not against it either, I can just see both sides of the case, and can't decide on which to support...

Rose_Royse
Rose_Royse
101 posts
Nomad

Ok, well I am a kid but I understand?

kris1027
kris1027
506 posts
Nomad

I fully support gay rights, but not their attempt at invading the churches...

I think most people would be very content to use a JP or find a gay friendly church if they could get married. Some people are going to be very militant and make kind of unreasonable demands when it comes to churches and the like. But this is not the majority.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Okay, I am rather ill at the moment, so since I am not awake in the middle of the night, my rant is comming now.

This whole discussion is nothing more than repeats for the most parts, repeats and mockeries and anger.
Could we just go down to the basics once again, please?

We know that:
The Christian part of the discussion is heavily against the homosexuals. It is against their religion, and therefore they quote the bible to make their point. Basically the Old Testament, which is a bit odd, since they are Christians and base their believes on the resurrection of Jesus, and the New Testament, but peace with that. There is no reason in trying to convert them, because they know they are right in their believes.

Conclusion: Homosexuality is wrong.
So do the Islamic and Jewish religions believe, but there is some difference between their Heaven/Hell, but they agree, and are the Christians friends.
Other religions like Buddihism and Hinduism have more weight on the actual religious parts of their religion, and are not against anything that does not interfere with the religion.

Scientists say that homosexuality is a difference in hormones/how the brain is/whatever (sorry, cannot remember all the different reasons). A little like a disease, but something no one can control (yet).
Does anyone remember that examination that said that criminals had a different shape of skull than 'normal' people? This field of science is not fully tested, and like everything in science, it is only true for a short period of time.
In science truth is temporary.

Conclusion: Homosexuals are different from nomal people.
And Geniuses are crazy people. They are.

Those who refuse to see anything good in homosexuality have different reasons for this. A nice example from earlier in this discussion was that "I am afraid they will hit on me". If that is a reason to not like homosexuals, I can think of many women that do not like men. If they go into a bar, and look somewhat womanly, the chance of getting hit on is nearly 100%. Still, do they hate men? No. If a gay person hits on you, then do like every decent woman would do, and tell them you are really not interested/not into that kind of thing/you have a GIRLfriend or something.
Anyway. The gay bashers are either afraid of homosexuals, and hate them because of that, or just hate them, because they have no reason not to.

Conclusion: Homosexuality is WRONG!!

Those who see only good things in homosexuality are the people, who feel with the homosexuals. They come up with a long list of "Why we all should love homosexuals, but not be in love with them, because I am straight". They may have gay friends, and hang out with them (a gay guy and his female straight friends?). Those are the people that yell at the bashers, because they are WRONG.

Conclusion: Homosexuality is good, as long as I can have my straight-ness intact.

The "I do not care"-people are mainly the ones that think homosexuality is a choice. They ignore the Christians, the Scientists, the bashers and the lovers, and come with their own reason for this to happen. "Gay people have chosen not to be straight, and that was stupid".
Mind you, this group can be merged with any of the upper groups in any way that might fit.

Conclusion: Homosexuality is a choice. Whatever.

The last of these groups are the homosexuals. They know what is wrong with being a homosexual, and what is not. They get to meet the bashers, often by getting beaten up or yelled at, they meet the lovers, mainly the ones that want to go to a gay bar to have some fun (the girls) or to meet some nice straight girls (the boys). They know some of the theories from the scientists, but do not really care, and are stared at by the religious people.
Some religious gays have to forget all about the love of their life, because they know it is wrong, the bible (or any other religious book) says so. Some cannot forget entirely, but keeps up the facade, but does not want to have sex with their partner. Other chose the love before the religion, which is just as hard and evil as the opposite.

Conclusion: Homosexuality is about loving someone.

I think this sums up what this discussion is about. I might have forgotten some groups, some might disagree in the way I have put this up. I apologize for anything rude said in this wall of text, but as I said, I am ill, and my head is not working the way it should.

With this said I hope to get this discussion out of the mud and let it transform into a civilized discussion, where people can discuss with an open mind.
Remember: a discussion is not made to put your own view over the head of others, and choke them with it. A discussion is may to share your oppinion, and hear what others have to say. You do not have to agree, you only have to listen.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

And with that being said (and Cenere, considering the fact that you were ill while writing it, it is just so awesomely well written and true), I hope we can move the discussion to something more interesting than if it is right or wrong, or why it would be either.

If mudthrowing starts up again, I will repost Cenere's post, because it really does cover the views we somehow end up fighting over - agree to disagree, please.

Skaven39q
Skaven39q
18 posts
Nomad

lol therz notin rong about beein gay

Eric_Cartman
Eric_Cartman
100 posts
Nomad

it is immoral

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Guys... Please read Cenere's post. There's no point in continuing this thread with little spammy posts like that. Cenere got most views summed up greatly.
Let's all agree to disagree on whether it is wrong or not, and start to discuss other aspects - please?

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Let's all agree to disagree on whether it is wrong or not, and start to discuss other aspects - please?

If you agree there is nothing wrong, there is no other aspects...

Plus, aren't you having fun?
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Plus, aren't you having fun?

I am, just gets sliiightly tedious to repeat the same thing over and over.

If you agree there is nothing wrong, there is no other aspects...

Of course there is. I'm just trying to push the discussion into some societal issues rather than the fight about whether it's a sin/wrong/unnatural/whatever.
Unfortunately I'm unable to start a discussion of that kind myself... >.>
choazmachine
choazmachine
1,044 posts
Nomad

Well no matter the issue or the person you love, it makes no difference really I don't really care if a man likes a man or a woman likes a woman, as long as they don't bother me. Plus the marrying part, yea... no. Sorry but I believe strictly that marriage is for man and wife...
EXAMPLE:
"MAN.... you may now kiss the BRIDE!"
Not man kiss the man or bride kiss the bride... Yes, a domestic relationship is ok with any sexuality, homo, hetero... just my OPINION is just a HETERO marriage
And for people defending the gays... I am not here to argue so don't say anything to may OPINION :0

I_eat_pikmin
I_eat_pikmin
33 posts
Nomad

WOW!! 275 PAGES? ya please close this i think 275 pages about homosexuality is WAY MORE than enough this is getting way off topic either way and its just sad....... seriosly if your homo dont tell it to the world plz no one wants to know(lol no one cares!). and why would you get on this site to talk about homos seriosly my god this is pathetic this is a site for FLASH GAMES not for homos lol if you dont agree with me then you got major problems and need to get a life its like. "hey fred what did you do on the weekend?"
and you say "i got on armorgames.com and talked about homos"
lmao get a life! and if you get mad at me get over it!

END THIS THREAD NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

WOW!! 275 PAGES? ya please close this i think 275 pages about homosexuality is WAY MORE than enough this is getting way off topic either way and its just sad.......
It's not sad, and that it has so many pages does not mean it should get locked. Just because a topic continues with some repetition does not mean it should be killed off.
seriosly if your homo dont tell it to the world plz no one wants to know(lol no one cares!).
That's not exactly true. . .
and why would you get on this site to talk about homos seriosly my god this is pathetic this is a site for FLASH GAMES not for homos lol if you dont agree with me then you got major problems and need to get a life its like. "hey fred what did you do on the weekend?"
and you say "i got on armorgames.com and talked about homos"
Do you realize that large part of the forums have NOTHING to do with flashgames?? (World Events, Politics, Religion, Etc., Art, Music and Writing, Popular Media, many threads in the Tavern...)
But I guess you're only going to say this in this partcular topic because you don't like it. . .
lmao get a life! and if you get mad at me get over it!
END THIS THREAD NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not getting mad, but I am slightly offended by your post. I doubt you read more than the title of the thread before you decided that it was worthless...

Seriously, if you don't like thread that has obviously been very popular (there's a reason for all those pages), go spam somewhere else.
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Of course there is. I'm just trying to push the discussion into some societal issues rather than the fight about whether it's a sin/wrong/unnatural/whatever.
Unfortunately I'm unable to start a discussion of that kind myself... >.>

Well I'll ask something.

How is it that you feel different with females over males? At what age did the whole thing start?
Showing 2701-2715 of 3228