ForumsWEPRHomosexuality

3228 467960
XeroGeez
XeroGeez
90 posts
Nomad

Apperently it's a big hot topic right now, so I want to know how gamers feel about it?

• 3,228 Replies
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

I think this thread died because no one felt like saying that homosexuality is wrong. With luck, maybe some will, and we can debate again! Armed_Blade, I'm looking at you! And Samy.

This is a thinly veiled bump.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Right well I think homosexuality is wrong lol, but I really can't argue it I come to this as a morality thing, I really don't think theres a lot of support for either side of the argument just opinions. But I'm not sure...

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

*facepalm*
Oh no you didn't!
*glares at Xzeno*
Necromancer...
*sighs, ignores you all, goes off to sleep expecting some nice Christmas flames to build up*

And. I still miss my (ex)girlfriend. (Just to be halfway on topic.)

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Lol, I don't have a problem with it i just think it's wrong...does that make sense?hmm...

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Well Samy, I guess you're right, some people try to give reasons besides religion, and those I can fight. But religious reasons are hard to counter, as they may very well be true, and therefor I respect your view. I can say that it is none of your bissness and if it is wrong, that is between them and god, however.

But what about shellfish? Aren't they prohibited in the same passage of Leviticus as men not laying with men?* (Been a while sense I read it.)

*It bugs me when people say that it only prohibits male-male homosexuality. The part about women is not in the same passage. I think it might be in Romans or something, but it's there. Trust me, if it had lesbians I found it.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

why do you think it is wrong? from a moral or religious perspective?

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Oh ninjas.

Lol, I don't have a problem with it i just think it's wrong...does that make sense?hmm...
Actually, that makes a lot of sense. That is probably the best view you can reasonably be expected to have.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Just wanna... Say.
There's a difference between feeling in your heart that something is wrong, and to actually have defined reasons for it.
Some are just really uncomfortable with certain things. A reason isn't always needed, honestly, as long as people don't go discriminating because of their personal or religious feelings, I don't mind it if they think something is wrong.

Remember the agree to disagree?

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Actually, that makes a lot of sense. That is probably the best view you can reasonably be expected to have.

Ya I'm a christian and i believe it's a sin, but (and I've been thinking about this recently) I think it should be legal for them to marry (sorry for such a general term couldn't think of a better one.) I mean I don' think God would really want christianity shoved down peoples throats, anyway to answers Woody's question I'll ask him this question, are there morals without a God?(wow I pulled a Socrates...or was it Plato...oh well.)
woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

are there morals without a God?

Yesof course there are, that is basically saying that atheists have no moral codes and do not distinguish between right and wrong which is clearly untrue.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Yesof course there are, that is basically saying that atheists have no moral codes and do not distinguish between right and wrong which is clearly untrue.

but what if one atheist deems it correct to have an abortion, and another inncorect?who's good and who is evil?
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

but what if one atheist deems it correct to have an abortion, and another inncorect?who's good and who is evil?

That is where we come into a more gray area. Among the gray areas is where the atheists and the christens disagree. Religion has brought many good things to this world, order, peace, morals, art. These things are good.

It also brings hate, war, torture, genocide. These things are evil.

Sometimes the world is more black and white then you want it to be.

On that note, I am admitting that abortion does have some moral issues, but I believe that it should be the choice of the woman, not the choice of kings or gods.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

That is where we come into a more gray area.

Right so being an atheist do you believe in a moral code that transcends humanity?
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

I'm not an atheist, I'm agnostic, which is an atheist with no faith.

Torture, genocide, ect. are clearly evil. Society is not what defines good and evil, just chooses to accept morality. This is true for big things at least.

Other things, like abortion and homosexuality are nethier good nor evil, they just are.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Well some people like Hitler or Stalin believed that genocide was good, and people like well me at times that believe torture is fine, but under certian circumstances. However i know that i think wrong in the ideal, because it's against my religion.

Showing 2866-2880 of 3228