ForumsGamesSkyrim!

1122 217056
SubZero007
SubZero007
883 posts
Peasant

Let's make this the place on AG for anything and everything about Elder Scrolls 5! I'm so excited about it!

• 1,122 Replies
DarkGamer99
DarkGamer99
608 posts
Nomad

Just looked at some pictures and information about it. It looks like a decent game what I have seen so far. Since I like Role Playing Games I might think about getting it.

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

I really love the Elder Scrolls games. Played 8/10 games (know they don't have 10 real games) and luved them all.
I will give you a few links for information and trailer about Skyrim

Trailer
Gameplay E3
Podcast Todd Howard from Bethesda.

devoutskeptic
devoutskeptic
14 posts
Nomad

TL;DR

I can not wait for this!! omg, and i'm glad lulz didnt mess it up for us.

Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith

I was excited for Skyrim, then I heard it was going to be ported from consoles to PC. That means it going to seriously suffer in all aspects because of how outdated all modern consoles are compared to PCs. This is especially bad since the main platform of Elder Scrolls games is PC.

DarkGamer99
DarkGamer99
608 posts
Nomad

Ah so you're saying that since this game is coming out for console's that it will drop in value or something. I don't think it would in my opinion. But let's see how it goes. I for one might want to get this game since the graphics look awesome and great.

ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

Those Dragon Battles look like sooo much fun! taking on five at a time? jesus christ monkey balls on a stick!

oh yea, here's Todd Howard talking it up with a familiar face 8^D

-Chillz

Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith

Ah so you're saying that since this game is coming out for console's that it will drop in value or something

Thats not what I said. Its being MADE SPECIFICALLY for consoles, then ported to PC. That means the PC version is limited by the consoles power, which is years behind PCs.
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

Actually i heard the pc has higher graphics then the console versions but i can have it mistaken by another game

ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

Yes Moe, it's made for consoles. Yes Nightwish, the pc version has better graphics. But what Todd is trying to get is a modding API for consoles eventually put in place, because when a new elder scrolls comes out for the PC, its essentially RPG modbuilder for the community, and has unlimited replayability through mods and the such.

-Chillz

SubZero007
SubZero007
883 posts
Peasant

Did any of you watch the game play demo from E3? That was on an Xbox, and it looked beautiful.

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

Did any of you watch the game play demo from E3? That was on an Xbox, and it looked beautiful.

I did, and it looks awesome!

btw, AG has a Skyrim add! Way to go!
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

The PC was, is, and will always be better than the consoles that are derived from it. For Todd to manufacture the opposite of what is standard and what he is supposed to do just brings a tear to my eye. The capacity for PCs, at this moment, vastly exceeds what the PS3 is capable of, yet they insist on still developing games made in the console's image. They could always make PC-exclusive games that are more intensive than consoles, but that wouldn't be in the best interest of business would it? But alas, Skyrim is the main topic. Skyrim has been a game I have been wholly looking forward to ever since it was leaked after New Vegas was released. I am also hoping I can experience it on the PC, since I heard of the unfortunate claim that Todd will be using Steam for production, but if necessary, I will have to buy it for the PS3 or summat.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

I am also hoping I can experience it on the PC, since I heard of the unfortunate claim that Todd will be using Steam for production, but if necessary, I will have to buy it for the PS3 or summat.

What's particularly wrong with Steam? Regardless Oblivion was a 360 game ported to the PC as well and it still was better then the 360 version in the long run simply because of the modding community, and the fact that there typically are ways to get around glitches much more easily in the PC version as well as more free reign on what you can do(especially if you know how to work the modding tools yourself which tend to be surprisingly easy to use). My point being that it shouldn't matter if it's a port or not, if you have a good enough computer you should get it for PC.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

What's particularly wrong with Steam?

I want to say that I do, as I have had major complications with it in the past, but after having chats with people who use it and claiming there is a &quotlay in offline mode" button in the updated versions, I may not have any issues with it anymore. It's the reason why I left it at that instead of giving a wall-of-text rant criticizing it like I always do. It used to be me having to update the game, advertisements galore, for an estimated hour before I would have any chance to play my game, where it would give me two weeks to play it before reverting back into "update mode".

And I know I'm not supposed to care about graphics, textures, and whatnot since I have a personal code to follow, but any game ported to the PC can have so much more potential than its console cousins. They can even include such by adding higher quality settings in the options menu, high being the standard-issue textures, ultra-high being exclusive to the PC. The issue with Oblivion's 360 and PC is simply because of gameplay. The mods made it better. It was the same for Morrowind and Fallout3 as well. Take that away, as it is not official, then what do you have? The difference between the two ported games is playing style and favoritism.
acetony1
acetony1
48 posts
Peasant

I am soooooo excited for skyrim, imma hungry for sum dragon.

Showing 1-15 of 1122