ForumsThe TavernSleeping problems

61 9671
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I've been having sleeping problems recently. I just can't fall asleep at night, even when I'm tired it's hard to fall asleep. I've tried several things to get to sleep, which includes taking sleeping pills and doing a lot of activities throughout the day to get me tired, but nothing's working. And since two days ago I've been having this pain on the left side of my left knee. But that's only when I'm standing up and walking around, I don't think that could affect my sleeping habits much. Any advise on what I could do to get to sleep?
Like right now, I've been trying to go to sleep for the past four hours, but I can't. I just lie there. I've been up for about twenty-four hours now too.

• 61 Replies
idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

Maybe you should just give in to fate, and not try to sleep.

If that doesn't work, and you eventually end up staying up the entire time, then all the better. Since your body needs energy to function, you'll be able to sleep. Eventually.

Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

If I had an MP3 player/iPod, then I would

Use a cd player or a radio.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

If your not able to sleep it might be because some people simply don't need to sleep as much as others.

Trust me, I do need sleep. I do a lot of things in the day time.
Maybe you should just give in to fate, and not try to sleep.

I don't want to be awake for two-three days at a time... especially since I have things to do in the day.
Use a cd player or a radio.

CD player broke a few months ago, and the radio is in the basement. I don't think that I'd be able to turn it on in my room since there are other people in this household that sleep.
Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

well here's a thought, get a new cd player! and u can turn the radio on low so that no one can here except you. or if you really want to be extreme, you could get sound proof walls.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I'd do that, but I need money for other things and I don't think that music will help me get to sleep. When I listen to music I just think about things even more.

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

You need to find the source of your problem before you can fix it. Have you also been feeling anxious, stressed, or depressed lately?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

You need to find the source of your problem before you can fix it. Have you also been feeling anxious, stressed, or depressed lately?

All of the above.
Osumnis
Osumnis
1,147 posts
Shepherd

Just a note, sleeping pills aren't good for your sleep. They might put you to sleep, but it is not a healthy sleep, because you don't go through all of the phases of sleep.

Microe
Microe
842 posts
Nomad

Get a glass. Pour one cup of Bacardi into it. Squeeze one juicy Orange into it, drink up, you will sleep like a baby. Wait how old are you?!?! lol scratch that if your a minor, unless your a rebel.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Just a note, sleeping pills aren't good for your sleep. They might put you to sleep, but it is not a healthy sleep, because you don't go through all of the phases of sleep.

I know, but it's one of the few ways that I can get to sleep sometimes.

@Microe:
I don't drink alcohol.
Microe
Microe
842 posts
Nomad

Awhch that sucks haha :]

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

You might want to try stretches and/or relaxation techniques before you sleep to reduce stress while you deal with your problems. You'll have to deal with your problems before you find good sleep. If possible, return to the state where sleeping was more readily possible or attempt to achieve a new equilibrium within your current situation and deal with your problems gradually.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

What kind of relaxation techniques do you suggest? I try dealing with my problems, it's difficult.

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

I didn't suggest any because it depends on the person and you have to find out what works for you. You could start off with focused breathing and meditation to get your mind off things.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

That was when I liked to stay up late and did it on my own, but now I can't get much sleep when I want to.

were you ok before that? i think that that is exactly what cause it. i really dont know how but maybe you can saomehow counter that? i tried to tell you to sleep a few minutes eariler everyday but if you cant sleep at all idk what you can do. i really think you should go to see a prefsional help
Showing 16-30 of 61