ForumsThe TavernWhich Came First?The Chicken Or The Egg?

167 29537
HOCKEYBOY10
HOCKEYBOY10
158 posts
Nomad

The question continues on.

• 167 Replies
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Process; Sea creature-chicken-egg
No egg would wander onto shore, and most land creature were once sea dwellers, so, chicken!

DevilishConcoction
DevilishConcoction
486 posts
Nomad

@Omni Sexist.
@Question: The paradox. (yeah, I'm trolling. I

aamer13
aamer13
2,568 posts
Nomad

Egg, dino egg, Didnt say a chicken egg. So therefore the egg came first!

acmed
acmed
3,517 posts
Nomad

Not true God created every animal BEFORE any eggs.

You understand God didn't just make a bunch of animals appear out of nowhere. The Big Bang caused the Earth to be created with the molten lava and the first species of bacteria. It then evolved to animals and dinosaurs, and so on.

The egg. The chicken was inside it, but it wasn't laid by a chicken. It was a crossbreed of 2 different animals to make the species of chicken that we know of today.
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Well, no, but...

What thaboss thinks is that whatever animal/dino the chicken descended from slowly evolved and possibly split from the original animal and evolved more and more until finally the almostchicken laid an egg that had the first chicken. Or multiple eggs. It's not as if it's just some concrete thing where one chicken or one egg came. Evolution is complicated and stuff.

there was nothing to make any stupid Big Bang

'Cept God...
gusvieira
gusvieira
43 posts
Nomad

According to my beliefs in evolution, the chicken came by a variation of a lizard, thus, the egg, which is where it's growth take place, is also related to lizards.

At least thats how I see it.

But I don't think that things such as god could be applied to such concept, because this question is much of a time waster...

Cool little game though.

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

Yes he did god created everything there was nothing to make any stupid Big Bang and you expect me to believe if my friends cat banged a dog it would create a cag.

You misunderstand the concept of evolution. It's not about two animals of different species having sex and producing an entirely new animal. It's about slight genetic variations having a positive effect on a creature, and thus causing that creature to produce more offspring by virtue of the positive effect. Some of the creature with the genetic variation's offspring will have the same genetic variation, which will in turn produce the same positive effect and cause them to have more offspring than others of their species. Thus, a small randomized variation that is beneficial to a creature's survival and reproduction becomes commonplace in a species. That is how evolution works, not a cat ****ing a dog.

Anyway, this is a bit of a rhetorical question, and I think it's impossible to answer. It's kind of like asking where a circle begins: there is no beginning, and there is no end. There is no right answer.
gusvieira
gusvieira
43 posts
Nomad

Anyway, this is a bit of a rhetorical question, and I think it's impossible to answer. It's kind of like asking where a circle begins: there is no beginning, and there is no end. There is no right answer.

Great explanation, same thought here.
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Well... If you think about that circle question the way thaboss does...

Like, when you draw a circle you start somewhere.... the circle has to start then achieve its infinity. Or, if the circle is just a circle, something had to put it where it is, if that makes any sense. Things don't just appear. They have to be made somehow. (Correct thaboss if he is incorrect in his logic, which he suspects he is.)

Evilfishy111
Evilfishy111
1,386 posts
Shepherd

well actually the T-rex was the anscestor of the chicken so the chicken came first
http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science/2008-04-24-trex-chicken-dna_N.htm

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

A T-Rex is still not a chicken.

Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

Everybody knows the frog came first, and that's all that matters.

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,612 posts
Peasant

Someone sent back in time an egg, and the first chicken hatched from it. Of course that egg was laid by a descendant of the chicken who hatched from it. Stable time loops.

darklichxan
darklichxan
40 posts
Nomad

It is Obviously the Chicken because in order for the egg to hatch it will need the chicken's warmth.

LucasDaLegend
LucasDaLegend
1,066 posts
Nomad

It was the chicken because, if the christian story about the creation of the world was true, then it would be pretty obvious. Adam and Eve arrived to earth as grown adult - not baby's. This means that the Chicken came before the egg because the chicken is an adult version of the egg. Besides, what if the egg didn't hatch? There wouldn't be the delicious animal we now know today as the chicken.

Showing 136-150 of 167