ForumsThe TavernWhich Came First?The Chicken Or The Egg?

167 29532
HOCKEYBOY10
HOCKEYBOY10
158 posts
Nomad

The question continues on.

• 167 Replies
iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

It was the chicken according to British scientists.

The scientists found that a protein found only in a chicken's ovaries is necessary for the formation of the egg, according to the paper Wednesday. The egg can therefore only exist if it has been created inside a chicken.
ShardRaldevius
ShardRaldevius
107 posts
Nomad

But where you´ve got that chicken?
eaglepaw
eaglepaw
322 posts
Nomad

if it is true, when it came?
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

So would it not be the protein originally caused the egg, then the chicken?

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

It was the chicken. I'll explain how. When 2 wierd birds love each other very much, they come together to lay an egg. This happens over and over until the species has evolved and adapted to form the modern day chicken. But notice that we started with two wierd birds(the chickens.)

Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

How about at the same time? Since either thing could have come first, it's best to say that they came at the same time. Besides, these questions are basically a never ending circle.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

dair5 has a good sense of logic, however his conclusion is incorrect. Those birds whose species evolved were not chickens. Over time, and many mutations/variations, the bird's ancesters layed an egg which hatched the modern classification of a chicken.

tomtom97
tomtom97
13 posts
Nomad

so actually the egg came first
totaly how i think about it palpetine

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

athesit always have a apparent answer for why atheism is the right religon

*Facepalm for the 2,000th time*

Atheism isn't a religion, it's a lack of belief in god/gods.

Okay, what happened is, things evolve over time, this has been proven, despite what any diehard might have to say against it. So, the chicken's line of evolution slowly worked its way to where it is now. There was no "immediate" monster begats and egg which = chicken. It was over a long period of time that what we call a chicken and what the chicken used to be changed. You're not going to get "Dinosaur chicken hatches current day chicken." The Egg would have to come first, because a mutation occured withen the egg that led to being the chicken as it is today. And when I say mutation, I mean a useful one, which is termed as an adaptation, which is then carried on through natural selection, because that trait proves beneficial to surivival.
jroyster22
jroyster22
755 posts
Peasant

There will be a debate on this question until the end of time! :P

darver
darver
189 posts
Nomad

Religion-Well if your Cristian The chicken god created animals not eggs
Evolution- Egg variation came from a mutation which was born from an egg

Not really. I'm religious, But believe god created evolution, so I go with whatever theory the scientists roll with.
HOCKEYBOY10
HOCKEYBOY10
158 posts
Nomad

There will be a debate on this question until the end of time! :P

ha ha thats y i love handing out these kind of questions -.-
ShardRaldevius
ShardRaldevius
107 posts
Nomad

It was the chicken. I'll explain how. When 2 wierd birds love each other very much, they come together to lay an egg. This happens over and over until the species has evolved and adapted to form the modern day chicken. But notice that we started with two wierd birds(the chickens.)

And where you´ve got that birds?
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

Actually, there are non-chicken eggs and chickens weren't the first animals to lay eggs, so the egg came first.

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

Actually, there are non-chicken eggs and chickens weren't the first animals to lay eggs, so the egg came first.

I think the question is actually asking whether the chicken or the chicken's egg came first, not some kind of other egg.
Showing 16-30 of 167