ForumsThe TavernWhich Came First?The Chicken Or The Egg?

167 29534
HOCKEYBOY10
HOCKEYBOY10
158 posts
Nomad

The question continues on.

• 167 Replies
HOCKEYBOY10
HOCKEYBOY10
158 posts
Nomad

lizard isn't one of the answers

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

This thread will never die.
Congrats to its creator for posting the perfect topic.

As for the Protein thing, could this not simply be a mutation? If the ancesters of the modern chicken had the first creature classifiable as a chicken, could that first creature simply have had odd genes which created the protein?

JunkAngel
JunkAngel
21 posts
Nomad

The chicken?

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,747 posts
Peasant

For me it's more unbelievable that an egg doesn't got hatched then a chicken who haven't been in an egg. That's why I answer;

The chicken
deathopper
deathopper
1,564 posts
Nomad

Logical the answer would be the chicken. The chicken came first and made the egg and the whole cycle begins.
Religiously it would also be the chicken. God made the chicken, the chicken laid the egg and so on and so on.
I don't now what the answer would be scientifically counting the whole evolutionary process and all, but I found the Wikipedia page and I found it pretty interesting.

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

Scientificly, it's still the chicken. The chicken egg can't live without a chicken mother and can't be made without it. But it is possible that the chicken egg was developed by a close relative of the chicken. Then you could "technicly" say the egg. But I would still call it a chicken.

HOCKEYBOY10
HOCKEYBOY10
158 posts
Nomad

This thread will never die.
Congrats to its creator for posting the perfect topic.

thanks EmperorPalpatine

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

Why can't it be some freaky bird that wasn't a chicken that had an egg and the egg mutated into a baby chick?

indie55
indie55
608 posts
Nomad

Why can't it be some freaky bird that wasn't a chicken that had an egg and the egg mutated into a baby chick?

It wouldn't be a "freaky bird" mutations take place over long periods of time due to adaptions and changes in the environment. Therefore, if the egg came first, then the parent would look most like a chicken. But if this were true then we have to say what defines a chicken.
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

Therefore, if the egg came first, then the parent would look most like a chicken

And where did I say that the freaky bird couldn't look mostly like a chicken, hmm?
indienorien
indienorien
24 posts
Peasant

I would say: a cirkel has no beginning

indie55
indie55
608 posts
Nomad

And where did I say that the freaky bird couldn't look mostly like a chicken, hmm?

I was just saying the parent would look almost exactly like a chicken, but with extremely slight genetic differences. I wasn't sure exactly what you meant by freaky, sorry.
darkrai097
darkrai097
858 posts
Nomad

The egg. According to evolution, the egg would have been laid by something almost exactly like a chicken, but not quite. The egg would have a small mutation, and hatching from it would be... a chicken.

murasaki9
murasaki9
1,388 posts
Blacksmith

Definitely the chicken. When everything first started, it would only make sense that there only chickens to start out with.

Sheppard007
Sheppard007
237 posts
Nomad

The chicken. A dude in the 1800s eliminated the theory of spontaneous creation.

Showing 46-60 of 167