ForumsThe TavernWhich Came First?The Chicken Or The Egg?

167 29540
HOCKEYBOY10
HOCKEYBOY10
158 posts
Nomad

The question continues on.

• 167 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard
HOCKEYBOY10
HOCKEYBOY10
158 posts
Nomad

what is Haikouichthys

What is Wikipedia?

and microraptor-ish thing

It's amazing what taking the time to search something in your search box can accomplish.

sorry and any way i dont use wikipedia i use google cause people can change the stuff on wikipedia
James212
James212
88 posts
Blacksmith

In my mind i believe the chicken came first

Squidbears
Squidbears
626 posts
Nomad

eggs have a gene in them that is only carried in a chickens ovaries. the chicken had to come first. Read about it if you want

ColdMold
ColdMold
32 posts
Nomad

I would say chicken because of very complicated reasons

AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

I believe well I just made it up in three seconds flat...My theory is that maybe a person accidently pooped out an egg, that turned into a chicken...Good theory huh?

kingjac11
kingjac11
2,597 posts
Nomad

The egg.The egg was a mix of two species and the result was the chicken.

Deceptive
Deceptive
7 posts
Nomad

I would say chicken because of very complicated reasons

What would those "complicated" reasons be?

It really is just a personal opinion, it is never going to be a proven fact of which did actually come first.

If you believe in evolution, then you would most likely think that the egg came first.
If you believe in Religion, then you might think that the chicken came first because God created animals.

Personally, I think the egg came first because it descended from the dinosaurs, and two of them could have came across a strange breed which then evolved into a chicken.
HOCKEYBOY10
HOCKEYBOY10
158 posts
Nomad

I believe well I just made it up in three seconds flat...My theory is that maybe a person accidently pooped out an egg, that turned into a chicken...Good theory huh?

ummmmmm ewwww I don't think so
iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

I stand by my original statement on page 1

-->
Evolution- Egg variation came from a mutation which was born from an egg

&
It really is just a personal opinion, it is never going to be a proven fact of which did actually come first.

According to the links that show up here repeatedly, science has some evidence for that it was the chicken, not the egg. It might not prove it 100%, but it's still the most likely option with today's knowledge.
Keyara
Keyara
370 posts
Nomad

If you ask me, no matter how you look at it the chicken came first. God created the chicken. Or, a chicken had to mutate from something. So, if that something laid an egg it is not a chicken egg it is that somethings egg. The chicken (its mutated baby) hatched from that egg. Then the chicken could lay a chicken egg. That is simply my logic.

HOCKEYBOY10
HOCKEYBOY10
158 posts
Nomad

Well, I guess if Direct TV was around in the beginning of time then the chicken came first. Check this link out! But was there Direct TV?

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

It is an age-old riddle that has perplexed generations: Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Now British scientists claim to have finally come up with the definitive answer: The chicken.

The scientific and philosophical mystery was purportedly unraveled by researchers at Sheffield and Warwick universities, according to the Daily Mail newspaper.

The scientists found that a protein found only in a chicken's ovaries is necessary for the formation of the egg, according to the paper Wednesday. The egg can therefore only exist if it has been created inside a chicken.

The protein speeds up the development of the hard shell, which is essential in protecting the delicate yolk and fluids while the chick grows inside the egg, the report said.

"It had long been suspected that the egg came first but now we have the scientific proof that shows that in fact the chicken came first," said Dr. Colin Freeman, from Sheffield University's Department of Engineering Materials, according to the Mail.

"The protein had been identified before and it was linked to egg formation, but by examining it closely we have been able to see how it controls the process," he said.

Professor John Harding, from the same department, said the discovery could have other uses, according to the Daily Mail.

"Understanding how chickens make egg shells is fascinating in itself but can also give clues towards designing new materials and processes," he said.

"Nature has found innovative solutions that work for all kinds of problems in materials science and technology â" we can learn a lot from them."

The discovery was revealed in the paper Structural Control Of Crystal Nuclei By An Eggshell Protein.

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

Now British scientists claim to have finally come up with the definitive answer: The chicken.

I've got an even harder question for you: How many times has this discovery been mentioned in this thread? My guess is a dozen.
HOCKEYBOY10
HOCKEYBOY10
158 posts
Nomad

Why can't some other scientists from other countries back this information up? How do we know they just didn't make this up to end the question and just slapped some science words together?

The scientists found that a protein found only in a chicken's
ovaries is necessary for the formation of the egg

Prove it with something.

I've got an even harder question for you: How many times has this discovery been mentioned in this thread? My guess is a dozen.

Yea please don't send anymore of those unless you can tell me why the chicken's ovaries can do that.
Showing 76-90 of 167