ForumsThe TavernWhich Came First?The Chicken Or The Egg?

167 29541
HOCKEYBOY10
HOCKEYBOY10
158 posts
Nomad

The question continues on.

• 167 Replies
Squidbears
Squidbears
626 posts
Nomad

Prove it with something.

did you read anything the link I posted said at all? an egg can't be produced without the protein ovocledidin-17, which is only found in chicken ovaries... how is that not proof
How do we know they just didn't make this up to end the question and just slapped some science words together?

if they did that, someone would call them out. scientists dont just say things without having something to back up their work.. believe it or not.
bravehawk204
bravehawk204
349 posts
Nomad

Chicken, you need a chicken to have an egg.

sonicheroes95
sonicheroes95
13,701 posts
Peasant

... dinosaur eggs, i'll just leave it at that.

egg came first, since techically, you never said what KIND of egg.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

did you read anything the link I posted said at all? an egg can't be produced without the protein ovocledidin-17, which is only found in chicken ovaries... how is that not proof

Just because the modern chicken makes something differently dosent make it definitive. That's like saying a Cobra has different venom than other snakes. It's still a snake with a different adaptation. The chicken has been altered genetically over the years: given steroids/hormones for growth and reproduction. Some of these things alter their genes. The protein could be a recent genetic side-effect.
sadlittleduck
sadlittleduck
12 posts
Peasant

The question isn't really whether the chicken or the egg came first. What the question really is is whether you believe in evolution or see it from a religious point of view. I personally, being a Mormon, fully believe that the chicken came first.

Zydrate
Zydrate
383 posts
Farmer

Neither due to evolution. Some previous creature -became- the chicken.

...I think.

iTrojans
iTrojans
296 posts
Nomad

Well, none can come first you would at lest need 2 eggs or chickens for something to start. So this question is inaccurate.

xfirealchemistx
xfirealchemistx
370 posts
Nomad

I think the chicken came first because the chicken had to be alive to lay an egg.

nemo12
nemo12
723 posts
Nomad

I think the chicken came first because the chicken had to be alive to lay an egg.

Well where did the chicken come from.

Anyways I also believe the chicken was first because GOD created the chicken.
thecattygrl
thecattygrl
230 posts
Nomad

The ROCKET POWERED FIST!

(But that wasn't one of the options...)

*Shoots with rocket powered fist*

(I stand corrected. )

------

YGOTAS FTW

Squidbears
Squidbears
626 posts
Nomad

Just because the modern chicken makes something differently dosent make it definitive.

the egg NEEDS that protein to form, i cant see how that could just change some day
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

the egg NEEDS that protein to form, i cant see how that could just change some day

A lot of different birds NEED different proteins to form eggs. This isn't anything special. It just adapted to use that one.
Squidbears
Squidbears
626 posts
Nomad

A lot of different birds NEED different proteins to form eggs. This isn't anything special. It just adapted to use that one.

the question is: which came first? The chicken or the egg?
other birds don't matter.the chicken matters, and a chicken egg needs a certain protein to form.. a protein only found in chicken ovaries.
HOCKEYBOY10
HOCKEYBOY10
158 posts
Nomad

egg came first, since techically, you never said what KIND of egg

O c'mon? The question is: The CHICKEN Or The Egg.
So try to use common sense the title says chicken in it so it must be a chicken egg.
SwordAndShield
SwordAndShield
567 posts
Nomad

Well, you said chicken before you said egg, so the chicken clearly came first.

Agreed?

Agreed.

Showing 91-105 of 167