ForumsThe Taverngoogle vs yahoo

40 7872
LavaJeans33
LavaJeans33
21 posts
Nomad

which do you us because i think all of you use google but some people like yahoo and you can see i like posting these kind of topics and yahoo and google do all the same stuff if you have igoogle which i have so you must be thinking that i love google its because i do so leave a comment dont just look at it see you guys later in my other topics

• 40 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I use Google for the search engine and I use Yahoo for my email and news. I'd say that Google has a better and faster search engine.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

I go about the same way as GhostofMatrix. Yahoo is for emails, and emails only in my mind, while I never got on the wave with the mail-function on google, and the only reason even got to see igoogle was due to it being part of the first semester assignment.
Goggle.com provides a clean and simple search engine, and being a little search savvy will usually get you what you want or need, or at least help you onwards.

However, considering I usually use goggle as a quick word look-up, I could probably minimize my use a lot by bookmarking one of the free dictionary/thesaurus sites. I'm just too lazy for that.

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,747 posts
Peasant

Google. Do somebody disagree? I guess not.

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,157 posts
Nomad

Pfff! No, why would anyone think Google is below anyone?

Proof:
Google comes out with a phone. It's awesome.
Google comes out with an Internet browser, and it's the fastest and most stable.
Google's search engine: fast, accurate, and safe.

Need I continue?

Sheppard007
Sheppard007
237 posts
Nomad

Googl is awesome. I have Google chrome, iGoogle, and a Gmail. I don't remember the last time I had visited Yahoo.

XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

I have never even used yahoo. The real competition is between bing and google. cause they really are almost the same but bing has a better home page... sometimes.

deathopper
deathopper
1,564 posts
Nomad

I use Google. I don't think I ever used Yahoo!, manly because of all the popularity Google's been receiving for the last decade. It has to be popular if it got it's on verb and even get a city named after it. Okay the town got re-named back to it's original name, but you still gotta admit, Google is everywhere.
And this thread reminds me of a peculiar Cracked article.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I use Google for e-mail and search engine tasks, and Yahoo! for my primary e-mail and occasionally, NZ-themed news articles.

I usually hover around other sites for news.

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

Let's put it this way: Yahoo is my homepage. Google isn't.

Actually, now that I think about it, I like Google more, because of the trusty search engine. Sure, Yahoo has one, too, but it's not as good as Google.

KFK
KFK
1,051 posts
Nomad

I have never used yahoo, only one time when a friend asked me for help downloading a photo.

I use Google as a search engine (I hope everyone does) and for my e-mail and online documents. I also use Hotmail for e-mail.

FloydTC
FloydTC
2,906 posts
Nomad

google, because its the one I use.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

I use Google for the search engine and I use Yahoo for my email and news.

That's pretty much what I do as well. I also do what Cenere does and use Google for a quick word look up, usually when the red underlined word I got wrong doesn't give me the word I want to use in the suggestions.
Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

I use Yahoo! for e-mail, but I have an iGoogle account and use Google for my default search engine. Personally, I don't like how Yahoo! gave personal information to the Chinese government after Google said they wouldn't.

puppetadventurer
puppetadventurer
35 posts
Nomad

I don't think I've ever used Yahoo, so my vote goes to Google.

TackyCrazyTNT
TackyCrazyTNT
1,936 posts
Peasant

I use Yahoo for email, but I would probably switch to Google if I was less lazy.
I prefer Google much better. It seems quicker and more efficient than Yahoo. I also like the constant adaptations.

Showing 1-15 of 40