The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernWhat does this button do?

49 6024
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

What are some useless, strange or outrageous buttons on your keyboard, phone or other device?

• 49 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I have this weird little button on my tummy and I still haven't figured out what it's for. I've been pressing it my whole life but nothing ever happens when I do.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Just a pointless light switch in the bathroom that I am fairy certain Isn't connected to anything. And the "Games" drop down menu next to the AG search bar Is pretty pointless seeing as how the only option Is "Games".

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I don't consider any of the buttons to be strange.

Having this button would be pretty neat:
http://jharri.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/ban-button.jpg

PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
464 posts
Nomad

There was this big, red button in the back of my math classroom that we werent supposed to push. Every day somebody pushed it but nothing would happen. I even pressed it. It looked so important but I guess it wasn't.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

the button on the remote that takes the cd out... you have to go get the cd anyway so why bother??? and maybe the analog button on ps2 remots? im not sure if it does anything else but couldnt they just make both the analog stick AND the arrows to work at the same time? when i was little i just pressed it because i liked the red light id did

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

@thebluerabbit, i so used to do that too.
There's a lot of buttons on mobile/cell phones that are pretty useless.

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

Thanks to this thread, I just found out that I can get to the on-screen calculator without going to the start menu.

Sheppard007
Sheppard007
237 posts
Nomad

The 'close door' button on the elevator is useless. It just gives people the false illusion of control.

TackyCrazyTNT
TackyCrazyTNT
1,936 posts
Peasant

I have this weird little button on my tummy and I still haven't figured out what it's for. I've been pressing it my whole life but nothing ever happens when I do

I think it's there just to taunt you, Ernie.

On my keyboard....?
Uh.... I've always been a little confused about what the F1-F12 buttons do.
Snowrut
Snowrut
68 posts
Nomad

Uh.... I've always been a little confused about what the F1-F12 buttons do.

If you press FN the F1-F12 buttons will do the things the pictures represent in the lower right hand corner of the button.
adamborg1
adamborg1
105 posts
Farmer

If you press FN the F1-F12 buttons will do the things the pictures represent in the lower right hand corner of the button.

Try them in a web browser and you'll see what they do. F1 takes you to the help/support page.
F12 opens something that I actually don't know what it is.

I think the f lock button is useless. If you accidentally hits you have a hard time figuring out what's wrong.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

This reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Homer works as a computer guy:

Sheppard007
Sheppard007
237 posts
Nomad

F12 opens something that I actually don't know what it is.

I think the thing is called Developer Tools, but I don't know how to use it.
Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

I'm not too sure what the 'insert' button does. That and the one that says 'PrntScr'. If I had to guess, I'd say it probably had something to do with a printer, though.

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,487 posts
Blacksmith

so far the only wierd thing I've seen is this light switch in my house that was put there before I moved in. I asked my parents what it did, but they didn't know either. so I spent two weeks flipping it on and off and searching for anything that turned on because of it.

later when the original owners came for a brief visit, I asked them and they told me it was for the hot tub that was removed after they left. now that I know it's rather anti-climatic

Showing 1-15 of 49