The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernWhat does this button do?

49 6021
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

What are some useless, strange or outrageous buttons on your keyboard, phone or other device?

• 49 Replies
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

The 'PrntScr' button: "Print Screen", will open that print page or automatically print whatever is on the page you're viewing, depending on your printer options setup.

Mine just takes screenshots.

My laptop is weird. You have to hold down function to press the Fnumber buttons, otherwise it does the function... thingy.
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

So teh SysRq button is for nostalgia?

And the "Insert" key has caused me so many headaches... I'm going for backspace, I hit Insert, don't realize I did it and half my paragraph is gone.

I've been trying to use the number pad on the right of my computer to be hip, but I guess it's only for lefties and data entry.

When I was checking out keys, I pressed this one:
http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac284/Wepic_in/DSC02487.jpg

And it made my computer go to sleep.

hokzwijn
hokzwijn
511 posts
Peasant

When I was checking out keys, I pressed this one:

Yeah I have one of those as well but I avoid that button.

The button which really amazes me is the Scroll Lock. I never used it but I think it makes you un able to scroll anymore.

Why would I want that?
Keyara
Keyara
370 posts
Nomad

I have no clue what scroll lock does. I turn it on and nothing changes.

Subject403
Subject403
211 posts
Nomad

The ~ key is weird. What does it mean?

Keyara
Keyara
370 posts
Nomad

It is a tilda. It is used in spanish and I am sure in other languages.

CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
888 posts
Nomad

@ Snowrut: Um I do not have an FN button on my keyboard.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

I have a button that right clicks for me.......
There is also a set of arrow keys right next to the normal arrow keys........
No matter how many times I hit Tab, it always goes right despite it showing a left and right arrow.......

James212
James212
88 posts
Blacksmith

The space "button¨" lefts you space out words.

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

Strop loves the ~

azndude07
azndude07
31 posts
Peasant

I literally have a light switch in my room that does nothing. A single, on the wall, light switch, that does absolutely nothing. And we built this house, my parents don't know what it's for, and I feel I never will either.

Life.

hokzwijn
hokzwijn
511 posts
Peasant

I literally have a light switch in my room that does nothing. A single, on the wall, light switch, that does absolutely nothing. And we built this house, my parents don't know what it's for, and I feel I never will either.

Maybe your parents wanted a lamp for it but they couldn't for some reason.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Well, when I was new to computers I had no idea what the function keys did(those are the F1-12 keys). Now that I know what they do, it's neat because they are quick.

I just noticed, I have this button that says "Scroll Lock" but I have no idea what it does. I've even pressed it a few times and nothing has changed. I guess that could be considered useless. I'll look the button up later to read an explanation on that button.

ColdMold
ColdMold
32 posts
Nomad

I have a wireless keyboard and there is a button that looks like a gauge, but I don't know what it does.

Showing 31-44 of 49