The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernWhat does this button do?

49 6023
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

What are some useless, strange or outrageous buttons on your keyboard, phone or other device?

• 49 Replies
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

@Joe96
The 'insert' button: when you type behind a text, like using the left arrow to go back and type stuff, the insert key will allow you either to simply 'ush' the following text forward. If you press it again, you will type over that following text.
The 'PrntScr' button: "Print Screen", will open that print page or automatically print whatever is on the page you're viewing, depending on your printer options setup.

As for me, the only button on my keyboard that I'm unsure about is the 'SysRq' button, it dosen't seem to do anything.

Sheppard007
Sheppard007
237 posts
Nomad
indie55
indie55
608 posts
Nomad

the button on the remote that takes the cd out... you have to go get the cd anyway so why bother???

This is almost like how on my laptop there is a keyboard button for ejecting discs (that actually requires two button presses) about an inch from the actual drive that has a button on it anyways.
idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

On my keyboard, I've always wondered what the

James212
James212
88 posts
Blacksmith

The "enter button" lets you enter things

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

On my keyboard, I've always wondered what the

Shoot, I fail. >_>

What I meant to say was:

On my keyboard, I've always wondered what the forward slash (\\) is used for compared to the back slash (/). Same thing with the character above the forward slash (|). It looks like a lowercase "l" or a capital "I", but I'm stumped on what it's supposed to mean.
jets99
jets99
599 posts
Nomad

@ghostofmatrix

that would be really cool but u would have be a mod or admin to have it be of any use cuz normal users cant ban others D:

Cranium80
Cranium80
489 posts
Shepherd

scroll lock. I have never in all my travels needed, or known anyone, who has ever pressed that key.

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

Those are mostly used for programming and stuff. I know backslashes can be used for file addresses (ex "\\\\\\\\dell-pc\\\\shared\\\\&quot, and I think the 'forward slash' is also used in programming, though I've not come across it much.

Ah, well, you learn something new every day, don'tcha?

Thanks.
dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

there's a device where you flip a switch and a little thing comes out to flip it back.

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z86V_ICUCD4

I found the link and hope it works.

PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
464 posts
Nomad

@TackyCrazyTNT well I use the F5 button alot. It refreshes the webpage you're on so instead of searching for the refresh button I hit F5.

supposedlySweet
supposedlySweet
16 posts
Nomad

I really don't know what the 'Scroll Lock' button does. I'm guessing it's something mouse-related, but I'm really not sure. I should look it up sometime.

chitown
chitown
1,614 posts
Farmer

On my cell phone there is a button that you click to get random things on texts, like a cup of coffee.

supposedlySweet
supposedlySweet
16 posts
Nomad

On my cell phone there is a button that you click to get random things on texts, like a cup of coffee

Wow. That is really bizarre.
Showing 16-30 of 49