ForumsThe TavernBad Weather

86 12041
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

Not to be confused with the general 'weather' thread, this one is about BAD weather. What bad weather is your area known for? How often does it happen? The reason I made this thread is because right now I'm stuck in my basement with a tornado warning :P

• 86 Replies
eatmydust166
eatmydust166
926 posts
Peasant

Well, I have a tornado warning near me to... But I stayed in my room the whole time. I didn't feel like "hiding" on the first floor, because it would leave me bored. If I die, I die happy

My area I suppose is know for thunderstorms, maybe false tornado warnings >

chitown
chitown
1,615 posts
Farmer

I just recently had a tornado warning by me too. Where I live there is bad storms every now and then and there is always the possibility of a tornado.

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,270 posts
Nomad

Luckily, since I live in California, I don't get much bad weather around here. ;D

Except maybe the fact that there's a high earthquake risk here, but most of the earthquakes are very minor.

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

My area I suppose is know for thunderstorms, maybe false tornado warnings >

Same. My mom and little brother were freaking out and my mom was really ticked off because she was at my little brother's baseball game when it started raining :P unfortunately, they kind of vented out on me because I didn't go to the game.
Oh, and by the way, the tornado warning is off now (in case you were wondering).
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Thankfully in Ireland we tend to just get rain, rain and more rain. Bad rain ;].

When i was in America, the storms were much more exciting.

Squiddicus
Squiddicus
266 posts
Peasant

I'm stuck in my basement with a tornado warning :P

That was funny.

As for me, I live in ____________________, __, and the worst I get is a few thunderstorms and a rare tornado.
Squiddicus
Squiddicus
266 posts
Peasant

Oh! I forgot about the once-in-a-generation event of one foot of snow.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

I frankly don't see the reason to make a thread exclusively on bad weather; weather is weather, we have a weather thread, so yeah.. but since I'm here: right now it rained quite heavily, the sky is dark. But that's not what our weather is known for; we haven't any special weather, except for annoying grey rainy autumns.

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

[I'll try to post on this thread regularly, also!]

I live in Iowa and we see all parts of the spectrum.

During the winter, we see ice storms and snow storms (even blizzards) on occasion. My town doesn't get one every year, but at least one of each happens in the state each winter. Oh, and don't forget wind chills down into the -30's, and actual temps in the -0's (not all the time, but every once in a while).

In the summer, we have severe thunderstorms, floods, and dangerous heat. This year, especially, we have had tons of storms. This month, we're already 6 inches above the normal rain, and we had 5 inches of rain in one day!

However, spring is probably the most hectic season. Imagine everything I've said so far, except mashed and occurring randomly, possibly one after the other (seriously, there have been thunderstorms one day then snow the next).

Fortunately, I don't mind all of this! I'm a gigantic storm enthusiast!

Keyara
Keyara
370 posts
Nomad

Luckily, since I live in California, I don't get much bad weather around here. ;D

And fires, don't forget fires.

We get bad thunderstorms every once in a while. Last on knoked out a whole phase. 5 schools ad 3 apartment complexes had no power.
The past couple of winters have be bad, for in MD. 4ft of snow but, I use to live in PA and NY so it isn't that bad.
kingjac11
kingjac11
2,597 posts
Nomad

Here in Ireland we have been having bad weather recently.Lots and lots of rain.

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

the only bad weather texas has is tornadoes, extreme heat/drought, and your occasional 1.5 feet of snow. why is that bad you wonder? in texas, nobody is used to snow, which means it's the bane of our existence.

chitown
chitown
1,615 posts
Farmer

I forgot to add the terrible winters where I live. In the past February there was over 20 inches of snow in one day. School was canceled for 2 days.

James212
James212
89 posts
Blacksmith

The bad weather we had was earthquakes and thunder storms and also rain.

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

Anybody seen a tornado? I've seen the funnel of a few weak gustnadoes, but that's about it...

Showing 1-15 of 86