The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernThose "I'm a Mormon" ads

76 10042
Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,911 posts
Nomad

Does anyone understand the point of these ads? I really don't get it, and they're everywhere. I'm not mad, I'm just curious as to what their point is. Am I missing something?

• 76 Replies
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,487 posts
Blacksmith

being a mormon is fine, and if you don't like it you can click out of the ad. I'm not wanting another political debate about mormons, especially if it's not on the political section. so please, just click out of it, no harm done right?

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

Mormans and the FCC must be tight.

azndude07
azndude07
31 posts
Peasant

Lol, whatta nightmare O_o
I want Peter, Stewie, and Brian to jump out now and sing the FCC song now
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,487 posts
Blacksmith

trust me, if that were true, a lot of the smut you see on TV would never happen in the first place. btw MORMONS is how you properly spell it. we truly prefer LDS for the church of jesus christ of latter day saints.

I also just said a minute ago that if you don't like it you can click out of the ad or get ad blocker.
Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,911 posts
Nomad

being a mormon is fine, and if you don't like it you can click out of the ad. I'm not wanting another political debate about mormons, especially if it's not on the political section. so please, just click out of it, no harm done right?

i'm not trying to start a political debate, i'm just asking about their point. i'm perfectly fine with whether someones a mormon or not, i'm just honestly confused about the ads point.

if it pops up, i do click out of it (like i do with all ads), but other times you can't click out of it (like below the game you're playing on here, youtube videos, etc.) and while it's there, you start thinking about it this happened to me the other night while i was playing shellshock live. and after some long, hard thinking, i finally thought to myself, "wait a second, what's the point of that add?"

i also put it here because i'm asking about what exactly they're trying to advertise. if i wanted a debate, i would've put it in the politics section. not trying to change minds, make a statement, or attack the religion. all i'm trying to do is ask a question and get an answer. i hope that cleared up the confusion.

but if you could show me this mormon debate, i'd be able to see why you wouldn't want another one. i might even find some sort of answer to the question.
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

What you call smut I call AMERICA

Legion1350
Legion1350
5,365 posts
Nomad

Supposedly, they're supposed to just advertise the religion. I don't see them as effective, since they mention nothing related to Mormonism, except for that one time a person says, "...and I'm a Mormon."

I don't get those ads. You probably got them because you searched up Mormon related things on Google.

Actually, I get them all the time on YouTube, and I've never looked up Mormonism.
Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,911 posts
Nomad

I want Peter, Stewie, and Brian to jump out now and sing the FCC song now

after reading that, i wanted them to also, but this is probably the closest to that happening.
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,487 posts
Blacksmith

the simple point of those ads are to make you curious, and give you the idea to search as to what they are, nothing else. if you don't have the curiosity to check, then no harm done.

supposedlySweet
supposedlySweet
16 posts
Nomad

I've never seen one of those ads, so I don't know what you're talking about.

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,487 posts
Blacksmith

the highest chance you will have of seeing one is by looking up a video walkthrough.

Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,911 posts
Nomad

the simple point of those ads are to make you curious, and give you the idea to search as to what they are, nothing else. if you don't have the curiosity to check, then no harm done.

i hope you're not being serious. because if you are, that's possibly a whole lot of money spent just to confuse people and have tons of parodies made.

this link proves what i mean about all of the parodies for it

i was originally looking for the video for it on youtube i saw it in the featured video section one time while listening to obscura. because there is now a video for it on youtube.
Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

well i'm annoyed. I mean, what's so wrong about their religion? people should just treat them the same and then we wouldn't have these ads. I don't like these ads. Freedom of Religion!

Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,911 posts
Nomad

people should just treat them the same

i've never heard any cases where a mormon was treated differently than anyone else. and if that's why there's an add for mormonism, there definitely needs to be an "and i'm a jew" add.
Legion1350
Legion1350
5,365 posts
Nomad

well i'm annoyed. I mean, what's so wrong about their religion? people should just treat them the same and then we wouldn't have these ads. I don't like these ads. Freedom of Religion!

I don't see how "discrimination" would be causing these ads.
Showing 1-15 of 76