The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernLove

37 5950
Rinjo
Rinjo
53 posts
Peasant

My question for all of you lovely people on the WEPR forums is this: Does true love exist? Personally, I believe due to human nature, there is a relatively minute chance that two people can commit solely to each other and be truly happy. Humans are designed to breed, our innate purpose is to reproduce and increase the longevity of our species. This is the likely reason why many people are not settling down until their late thirties into their early fifties. Their natural reproduction desires begin to die down and they can focus on a relationship instead of their "biological clock."

Agree, disagree, qualify? I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts.

• 37 Replies
bazz1
bazz1
285 posts
Peasant

i dont belive in love how dose it affect you i only feel affected if a hit my friend or something

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

well did you ever really love someone? i bet youd get really hurt if you find out that your love doesnt love you back if you were together (probably if not too)

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

I think love exists, but obviously in many different forms.
I understand loving my family and friends.

Being in love, i don't understand but i know it exists. It's hard to find the line between infatuaton, love and in love. It's very easy to be with someone as assume you're in love, then you feel something stronger for another person later on so you know you simply loved and now you're in love - but this could be an endless cycle of feeling stronger and stronger. I think you just know.

akqpars
akqpars
183 posts
Nomad

but this could be an endless cycle of feeling stronger and stronger. I think you just know.

Yes it is.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Love is all chemicals.

Thank you for no opinion.

love is the emotion

Thank you for even less of an opinion.

Love is everywhere. when i mean everywhere i MEAN EVERYWHERE!

C-C-C-C-COMBO

I think love exists, but obviously in many different forms.
I understand loving my family and friends.

That was actually thought provoking. When i said "If heterosexual love is partly for reproduction, then is homosexual love (which can't be for reproduction) the only true love?", love for your family isn't for reproductive means either. But then again, you also said that it exists in many different forms, so maybe love can be classified into specific categories, with true love being on of the categories.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

That was actually thought provoking. When i said "If heterosexual love is partly for reproduction, then is homosexual love (which can't be for reproduction) the only true love?", love for your family isn't for reproductive means either. But then again, you also said that it exists in many different forms, so maybe love can be classified into specific categories, with true love being on of the categories.

I think it all depends - some hetrosexual love is simply for reproduction, but homosexual love (although not natural reproduction) can be fueled by the desire to have kids rather than love.

Then again but then again both homosexuals and hetrosexuals do experience love.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

homosexual love (although not natural reproduction) can be fueled by the desire to have kids rather than love.

They don't need to have a partner or be married to adopt a child.
soldier7
soldier7
148 posts
Nomad

i belive true love exists because when you feel you love somone so much that you would die for them or get tortured for them which is worse that is true love but only when you feel not when you say. i think if a homosexaul would want to have children and does not want to adopt a child he is rally hetro though he is not self concious about it. dirty love is love driven by lust, by your sex drive its selfish but its really what our first love is like mostly it isnt true its driven by lust but there is no passion which is present in true love
bortherly love or kinley love is similar to true love except the lust and passion is taken out. true love does not mean you would like to produce u still have lust though. the want to have childeren comes when two persons decide it is for the good of them.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

They don't need to have a partner or be married to adopt a child.

A couple gets preference for adoption over a a single parent.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

A couple gets preference for adoption over a a single parent.

I also would assume that one person would adopt a child to raise themeless, It's still an option though.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Love, like every other feeling, is a nice hormon cocktail. But we do experience it as something nice/great/wonderful, so you can say that for each individual, love can exist. Simply, there are people who do experience it, others who do not or only a bit. It is something very individual, don't make the mistake to think it's a fixed emotion.

Like I see it, for example love on first sight doesn't exist, simply because "true" love needs time to develop. It can come faster between some individuals, but not at first sight.

Btw, we may have cultural restraints, but they're relatively young; humans are a polygamous species

deadhead50
deadhead50
341 posts
Nomad

yes i think people can love, but i do feel its hard for people to justify when their in 'love' or not. Now i do believe some people can tell better than others. Why do i say this you ask, well i guess it could be that i love someone, or i could just be fooling myself, you never know. But in the end it doesn't matter because you'll find someone to suffer with anyways, even if its 'love' or not.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

i think if a homosexaul would want to have children and does not want to adopt a child he is rally hetro though he is not self concious about it.

i agreed with everything you said except this. the fact you want a child doesnt mean your streight. after all, they do adopt children. and even if theyd want an actual child that is made of them and their love they still feel love for that person. if you feel attracted to the same gender then you are gay but that doesnt mean you dont have the wil to have a child.
soldier7
soldier7
148 posts
Nomad

i guess your right i got a bit caught up and didnt know wht i was saying about homos lol

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

yay lol jk. but its really nice that you come back and say that. not many (if any except you) would do that XP

Showing 16-30 of 37