ForumsThe TavernLove

37 5948
Rinjo
Rinjo
53 posts
Peasant

My question for all of you lovely people on the WEPR forums is this: Does true love exist? Personally, I believe due to human nature, there is a relatively minute chance that two people can commit solely to each other and be truly happy. Humans are designed to breed, our innate purpose is to reproduce and increase the longevity of our species. This is the likely reason why many people are not settling down until their late thirties into their early fifties. Their natural reproduction desires begin to die down and they can focus on a relationship instead of their "biological clock."

Agree, disagree, qualify? I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts.

• 37 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

But then again, you also said that it exists in many different forms, so maybe love can be classified into specific categories, with true love being on of the categories.
You ever heard of the triangular theory of love?

Love isn't just one thing, and it's hard to state accurately whether "true" love exists or not. Also, at the "it's all chemicals", yeah. It is all responses in our brains. Does that negate any realness it has?
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

ove isn't just one thing, and it's hard to state accurately whether "true" love exists or not.

This is true - there's no way to measure what true love actually is so will we ever know if we're experiencing the real thing or just something close.
bravehawk204
bravehawk204
349 posts
Nomad

True love does exist otherwise people wouldn't get married, and people who get divorces where never truly in love. Also its not instinctive for humans to reproduce, we choose to do so other wise everyone would have kids.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

True love does exist otherwise people wouldn't get married, and people who get divorces where never truly in love. Also its not instinctive for humans to reproduce, we choose to do so other wise everyone would have kids.

lol i only agree with the 4 first words and the last sentence. i think love exists. after all "love" is a human term. its kind of difficult for me to explain though... if we only felt something close to it then it wouldnt really be love... wow this is probably the most difficult thing i have to explain and i actually dont think i can...

also i dont agree with the marry and divorce part. the actual feeling has nothing to do with any papers or documents. 2 people can love eachother and live a happy life without getting married and there are also many people who dont marry becaose of love. and about the divorce part, feeling change. you can just hate someone and then discover something you didnt expect and sudently like them. same thing with love. emotions change and love can change too. i remember when my parents were together and i am 99% sure they were really in love.
bravehawk204
bravehawk204
349 posts
Nomad

I love chinese food so ya love exsists. LOLOL

bravehawk204
bravehawk204
349 posts
Nomad

bluerabit you make a good argument.

sadlittleduck
sadlittleduck
12 posts
Peasant

Love is a thing that you cannot completely understand. Marriage is not proof of true love; it is merely a commitment. I agree that love can be broken into different categories, but it cannot be completely explained. It would be best to leave well enough alone and experience it throughout your life.

Showing 31-37 of 37