ForumsThe TavernMost Interesting Discovery that you've found.

58 7671
bravehawk204
bravehawk204
349 posts
Nomad

Most interesting thing that you've discovered.

• 58 Replies
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

The second and third furthest confirmed sniper kills were made by two different Canadians from the same unit within a few days of each other. They were also made using the same model of rifle, the McMillan Tac-50, and using the same type of ammunition, the Hornady A-MAX in .50 BMG. MstrCpl Arron Petty broke Carlos Hathcocks's record by 24 m, about a quarter of a football field. A few days later, Cpl Rob Furlong beat his teammate's shot by 120 m, just over a football field and a quarter.
Rob Furlong kept his record for approximately 7 years, 8 months until he was beat by CoH Craig Harrison. Craig Harrison used a L115A3 and his ammunition was .338 Lapua Magnum LockBase B408. He beat Furlong's record by 45 m, a foot short of half a football field.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

This is what CoH Harrison would have seen when aiming his shot.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/47/S%26B_P4_reticle_at_25x_zoom_with_1.8_m_%286_ft%29_tall_man_standing_at_2%2C475_m_%282%2C707_yd%29.png

This is the highest zoom level of his scope. The man isn't centered on the scope's crosshairs because of the adjustment of bullet drop due to gravity and the Coriolis effect (rotation of the Earth). CoH Harrison reported no wind at the time of the shot. If the bullet were to have maintained full velocity, it would have taken 2-3 seconds to get there. I would estimate that the loss of velocity would have added a second or two to the flight time, possibly more. It would have taken the sound of that shot four times as long to reach the target than it did the bullet.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

That I can breathe underwater. It's difficult, though, gotta be careful not to swallow the water.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I discovered the reality we live in is actually a dream, and to escape to the real world we have to kill ourselves.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I discovered the reality we live in is actually a dream, and to escape to the real world we have to kill ourselves.

In my world you are in a reality, which makes what you said false. You're just being defiant with your imagination!
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

In my world you are in a reality, which makes what you said false. You're just being defiant with your imagination!

In my world, your world is always the opposite of the truth so that means if your world says my world is false then that means my world is true because your world is telling the opposite of the truth.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

In my world, your world is always the opposite of the truth so that means if your world says my world is false then that means my world is true because your world is telling the opposite of the truth.

Your world is in your imagination, though, and your imagination is false because you are living in my world. My world is the truth. You escape to your imagination because you don't enjoy living in my world, which is why you have become a hermit. You should start living again!
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Your world is in your imagination, though, and your imagination is false because you are living in my world. My world is the truth. You escape to your imagination because you don't enjoy living in my world, which is why you have become a hermit. You should start living again!

We need to stop arguing this in the forums already.
firedragon64
firedragon64
159 posts
Nomad

I dicovered that most perfume has whale vomit in it.

PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
464 posts
Nomad

I discovered that the silver knight rank is 1750 points, not 1500 points.

bravehawk204
bravehawk204
349 posts
Nomad

I have a gay music teacher.

PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
464 posts
Nomad

I have a gay music teacher.

Gay as in he's an idiot or gay as in homosexual because i've met both.
dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

I discovered how to build shelter in the wild.

eatmydust166
eatmydust166
923 posts
Peasant

I don't know how to discover things, so I discovered something right there...

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

I learned that frog legs will twitch a lot if you add salt!

Showing 16-30 of 58