The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernCanada Day!

42 7664
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

So I'm pretty sure this is the second year running I've made this thread (not sure though).

So, to all the AG members who hail from the Great White North (or so the world believes) Happy Canada Day!

And for those of you who are less knowledgable about this beloved country of mine *coughs* stereotypical Americans...please feel free to ask questions. OR Google Canada.

• 42 Replies
Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

Are there fireworks and grilled hotdogs and s'mores?

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,206 posts
Peasant

Are there fireworks and grilled hotdogs and s'mores?

I don't celebrate, but yea, people have fireworks and parties.
GentlemanClam
GentlemanClam
523 posts
Nomad

Let's celebrate with a nice Canada song.

Legion1350
Legion1350
5,365 posts
Nomad

Ah, Canada day. A day where we celebrate a wonderful people. A people who keep beavers as pets. A people who ride their moose to work on the weekdays. A people who brought lumberjackery and hockey to the world. And a people who fearlessly march into battle riding their polar bears of war. God bless Canada. *Salute*

Please take no offense at my previous statement; I meant no harm. I really love Canada. It's one of my favorite countries, actually. I'm more patriotic towards it than my own country.

@GentlemanClam Lol, thank you for that. I found that I was mouthing along the lyrics to it. :P

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Oooh, Canada. Better than America.

Heh, it seems some people are giving the guy who made that parody some flak in his other videos.
deathopper
deathopper
1,564 posts
Nomad

This thread brings back good memories of Canada. I remember my last Canada day.
/rambles about the good ol' days

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

I'm Irish but i went to Canada last year and really loved it - except for when i got trapped in halifax due to a cancelled flight.

firedragon64
firedragon64
159 posts
Nomad

Yes canada day is really cool... they said on the radio that this will be the largest one. i pretty sure around 650.000 people.Including me!!!!

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

Happy Canadia day!

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lluckgd50f1qi5eig.png

Hetalia reference out of the way - happy Canada day to all the Canadian AG users.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

lol oh stereotypes...

But I may have a better one? Meet Rick Mercer.

Ah, Canada day. A day where we celebrate a wonderful people. A people who keep beavers as pets. A people who ride their moose to work on the weekdays. A people who brought lumberjackery and hockey to the world. And a people who fearlessly march into battle riding their polar bears of war. God bless Canada. *Salute*

Good thing you put that disclaimer after this. I would have taken you seriously. Why? Because I have met Americans who think like this...
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

Is Canada Day in any way similar to America's Independence Day and if so, how?

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

In Canada, you have one day to celebrate.

In America, everyday is America Day!

Legion1350
Legion1350
5,365 posts
Nomad

Good thing you put that disclaimer after this. I would have taken you seriously. Why? Because I have met Americans who think like this...

Meh, it's too bad. :/

But I think I might have something that could cheer you up.

In America, everyday is America Day!

I thought we called it Independence Day? :P
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

Independence Day is the 4th of July. I think Mav might have been making a joke, hence the at the end.

bravehawk204
bravehawk204
349 posts
Nomad

LOL Canada.

Showing 1-15 of 42