ForumsThe TavernAlaska: YOU think that we live in igloos!

33 8196
destruction101
destruction101
113 posts
Nomad

Ok some people might think that up in Alaska (Where I live) everybody lives in igloos, and that we are totally ignorant to the modern world. Well you are wrong. I live in a house that has a T.V a computer a fridge a dishwasher running water power. All of that modern stuff. Outside in the summer it never goes below 60 and is usually warm and sunny. In some places it rains a lot. But it ONLY gets really cold in the winter and in most places it does not go below 0 unless you live in the interior or up north in Nome. I think that I speak for most Alaskans when I say this.

• 33 Replies
destruction101
destruction101
113 posts
Nomad

If anyone thinks that this is a stupid post WHY would you even bother posting on the thread???

Nater
Nater
1,296 posts
Nomad

If anyone thinks that this is a stupid post WHY would you even bother posting on the thread???

Haters gonna hate.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Haters gonna hate.

They see me trollin'...
They hatin'...

It'd be cool to go to Alaska. The open beauty, the majestic moose, the modernmarvel of the hunting rifle, the hunting rifle meeting the moose...

Fishing is supposed to be really cool, and It'd be really cool to get close to Mt. McKinley. I have no experience rock and ice climbing, so a simply look would have to suffice.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

It's kind of how people think everyone who lives in the state of NY lives in the big city.

I live in WI where all we're known for is cheese, beer, and serial killers.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

It's kind of how people think everyone who lives in the state of NY lives in the big city.

I don't, but that may be because i live in New York and live in the suburbs.
DeadlyVelociraptor
DeadlyVelociraptor
3,415 posts
Nomad

I thought they rode moose? :P

True, but that's for traveling on land, which is not quick enough. They usually just ride seals to where the coast is too far away to be seen and then ride super-fast jet orcas to wherever they want.

=P

I love making up false silly information, makes me feel good.
loloynage2
loloynage2
4,206 posts
Peasant

I live in a house that has a T.V a computer a fridge a dishwasher running water power. All of that modern stuff.

Wow there. I'm starting to get confused with all that high-tech stuff.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I feel bad for the people of Alaska. I'm sure what the OP says was how people thought four years ago, but ever since Sarah Palin came along, the rest of the United States truly started to look down on them.

It's one thing to be thought of as an eskimo with 100 words for snow, but it's much worse to be seen as someone who couldn't name 5 different types of snow.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

I have nothing but respect for Alaska... First of all, there is the temperatures that you have to deal with, the FREEZING COLD that you have to suffer through, which pretty much makes every job in Alaska possible a complete MIND F$#%!

Second: Grizzly Bears live there who want to rip out your guts for fun! As well as wolves that will eat you, and moose that charge!

Third: It is the location of the deadliest job on the planet... Crab fishing! Alaska is awesome

hokzwijn
hokzwijn
511 posts
Peasant

In don't. Why would you think everyone would. At least it looks like you do. Because the title says YOU which complies to everyone.

I think you should have said:"Some people think we live in igloos."

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

I have never heard that Alaska has igloos and are behind the times.
Where does this stereotype come from lol?

darkrai097
darkrai097
858 posts
Nomad

I think people mostly say this as a joke. People often say this about Canada too. Heck, Canadians say it about Canada. I just did on the previous page.

d_dude
d_dude
3,523 posts
Peasant

Dont worry I've seen 30 Days of Night. I know EXACTLY what Alaska is like. :P

Better watch out for those vampires...

hokzwijn
hokzwijn
511 posts
Peasant

I sure hope you didn't have any moose intruders. Go get them!!

http://journeysbyjill.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/moose-in-snow-1.jpg

bravehawk204
bravehawk204
349 posts
Nomad

well do you

Showing 16-30 of 33