ForumsThe TavernAlaska: YOU think that we live in igloos!

33 8193
destruction101
destruction101
113 posts
Nomad

Ok some people might think that up in Alaska (Where I live) everybody lives in igloos, and that we are totally ignorant to the modern world. Well you are wrong. I live in a house that has a T.V a computer a fridge a dishwasher running water power. All of that modern stuff. Outside in the summer it never goes below 60 and is usually warm and sunny. In some places it rains a lot. But it ONLY gets really cold in the winter and in most places it does not go below 0 unless you live in the interior or up north in Nome. I think that I speak for most Alaskans when I say this.

• 33 Replies
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

Isnt Alaska the richest state in America?

Nope, #14. Not bad though.

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,157 posts
Nomad

Ok some people might think that up in Alaska (Where I live) everybody lives in igloos, and that we are totally ignorant to the modern world. Well you are wrong. I live in a house that has a T.V a computer a fridge a dishwasher running water power. All of that modern stuff.

No, I never have and never will think of Alaskans like that. I can see why people would think "it's north, so it's wintry and they all live in igloos" but no! I'd love to go to Alaska sometime; I hear some parts of it are very beautiful! Better than Iowa at the very least. This is Iowa. xD
Outside in the summer it never goes below 60 and is usually warm and sunny. In some places it rains a lot. But it ONLY gets really cold in the winter...

Yeah! I see that on the Weather Channel! Sometimes, it's warmer in Alaska than it is here in Iowa! xD

But, yeah, go Alaskans! :P
Showing 31-32 of 33