ForumsThe TavernThe 'Rant' Thread

297 59492
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

Basically just a thread to rant about anything and everything. I won't bore you with rules or anything, just remember to stick to the community guidelines and don't let this get out of hand

• 297 Replies
Keyara
Keyara
370 posts
Nomad

Those people that let you do nothing to help with a GROUP PROJECT and then they get a crappy grade and then blame it all on you and everyone else they that the person made do nothing.

Or those people who don't help at all! Then you are stuck doing ALL of the work and they get part of the credit. Like the people in my psychology today. All they did was sit and talk. They didn't help at all.
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

And that's not what mostly gets me. What really makes me mad is that those same kids do nothing in class and think they're so cool they can make fun of other kids that have some sort of problem (I'm luckily safe because they copy off me in those classes).

I hate kids who try to copy off my stuff, what I do is make copies of stuff, one with all the answers and the date has the year, and one without the year and all wrong answers.
Keyara
Keyara
370 posts
Nomad

I hate kids who try to copy off my stuff, what I do is make copies of stuff, one with all the answers and the date has the year, and one without the year and all wrong answers.

That is a really good idea. I never thought of that before. I will have to start doing that. I can't stand it when people copy!
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

But another problem I have with certain stereotypes at school: Those people that let you do nothing to help with a GROUP PROJECT and then they get a crappy grade and then blame it all on you and everyone else they that the person made do nothing. You know those people I'm talking about? They take all the power of doing the project and leave you praying to god almighty that they don't screw it up...but they end up do screwing it because like I said before, it's only with group projects that these people do it with.

What's worse is when you get stuck in a group full of people who don't care at all about their grade and end up doing nothing.
me and my sis are we expirements or something does he expect us to blab out dirty secrest behind his back if so he is sadly disappointed because i wil definetly not tell ANYBODY my secrest except for my sister so like i said if dad was expecting secrets to pour out of us he is sadly mistaken because if we wont tell you what makes you think we'll tell some lady that we don't even know stupid.

I used to have to do a wole bunch of phsycology tests and have people ask me quite personal questions, I didn't like it either so I wuld either make something up or not answer.
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

That is a really good idea. I never thought of that before. I will have to start doing that. I can't stand it when people copy!

Just make sure that you weigh out the consequences of doing that before you do. I once had a very angry kid after me because I gave him incorrect homework. I mostly do it to people who always copy off of me and I keep telling them to do their own work, but they never listen so I teach em a lesson.
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

I don't get FPS games sometimes... I'll use Halo as an example, you are a guy in a super space suit that has an energy sheild, not too weird yet, your killing aliens at an acceptable rate for bullets being fired into an enemy, not weird yet, you look at you NPC teammates, wait... why do only YOU have this uber protection??? WHY are THEY the front line if YOU have this godly suit that makes you SO much more effective? There's even people of a HIGHER rank than master cheif ON THE BATTLEFEILD that have LESS protection than you. Does this seem strange to anyone else?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

They must just give the terrible fighters the suits.

darkangel12341
darkangel12341
112 posts
Nomad

Do you know what really irks me?
When people go around " I hate my life, bluh" I think it's annoying. To me it's like, do you have a roof over your head? Do you eat everyday? Do you have nice clothes? It especially irritates me when they do it for attention. Do I dislike things about my life? Sure. Do I constantly complain about it? No. There are hundreds of millions of people all over the world who are a lot worse of than we are. And yes I know, some people really do have terrible home lifes. And no, I don't feel sympathy for those who go around and whine about it and then expect others to feel sorry for them. If you're home life is really that bad you need to go and find the help you need, not whine to anyone who will listen to it.

Another thing I don't like is discrimination. Yes, we are all different. Different ethnicties, backgrounds, looks, minds, styles, friends, family, religion, mental capcity, orrientation, and various other things. But in the longrun we are all people and should be treated as such. It really makes me mad when I hear people say things like, " my religion is better than yours," or " what are you, goth or something?" It doesn't matter. We are all people. We all have feelings. And we are all special no matter what anyone may say to the contrary. We should be a world united by that which divids us. It makes us who we are and we should all be appriciative about that.

Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,914 posts
Nomad

Ok, so my mom just said that she wrote a check for me to get my pictures sent to me after a month or so after they've been taken...I never got said check, she insists that she did give me the check. I'm normally not one to forget when it comes to money, in fact, I never forget when I owe somebody anything until I pay it. So now there's some imaginary check that she swore she wrote, there's no check in my backpack, she yelled at me telling me to look for it after saying it's not in the house, then told me to stop looking. And what's worse is that she doesn't believe me when I say I was never handed a check. She says she remembers handing me the check when she's getting older and I also have two sisters that were also given checks.

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

Ok, so my mom just said that she wrote a check for me to get my pictures sent to me after a month or so after they've been taken...I never got said check, she insists that she did give me the check. I'm normally not one to forget when it comes to money, in fact, I never forget when I owe somebody anything until I pay it. So now there's some imaginary check that she swore she wrote, there's no check in my backpack, she yelled at me telling me to look for it after saying it's not in the house, then told me to stop looking. And what's worse is that she doesn't believe me when I say I was never handed a check. She says she remembers handing me the check when she's getting older and I also have two sisters that were also given checks.

I sometimes have that happen with my dad, where he swears that he gave something to me and I swear I never got it and then he finds out it was somewhere else.
pratchu
pratchu
493 posts
Nomad

I cant believe my friend actually got a girlfriend.We are bth gamers and nerds but he has luck. And what about me? He emailsme, they guy who never had a girlfriend, about what he should do!He made me jelly (jeleaous)!Not even going on twitter or seeing jizz in my pants could helpme!

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

I cant believe my friend actually got a girlfriend.We are bth gamers and nerds but he has luck. And what about me? He emailsme, they guy who never had a girlfriend, about what he should do!He made me jelly (jeleaous)!Not even going on twitter or seeing jizz in my pants could helpme!

You should probably have posted this in the relationship thread, but either way, you're only 12-14 (your profile says 12 but you're in 8th grade), majority of my friends still haven't gotten girlfriends, and they are all sophomores.
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

First step: find a girl that you think is cute.
Second step: Try to see what she likes and get to know her better.
Third step: Make a move (you don't have to be as straightforward as "uh... uh... do you want to go out with me? *faints*", try just asking if she wants to hang out or something)
Stuff to note:
Try to make her laugh, girls like funny people and if you can make them laugh (to the point where they laugh at your jokes even if they're not all that funny) then you know you're doing something right
Well, I don't want the rant thread turning into the Dr. Love Clinic, so, like Master said, you probably would be more interested in the general relationship thread.

Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,914 posts
Nomad

Time to help get this thread back on track, I like being able to vent off the annoyances of my day to total strangers.

The bus

Being a high school student in the U.S., I naturally have a deep, burning hatred for middle schoolers (some are alright). And when they're loud and obnoxious in the mornings on the bus (at 6 freaking 30?! Not cool), it fuels this hatred even more. They don't even engage in semi-intelligent conversations, either! It's always this one girl complaining how it's been over five minutes since she's texted some jack wagon and she starts freaking out.

Another thing about middle school students on the bus (pertaining mostly to 6th graders); they'll act so tough and won't even ask if they can sit next to you. They just plop themselves down without saying a word. I'm generally a nice person, but all I ask is to treat me the same. And if they can' do that, at least ask to sit next to me.

And I have yet another point to make about middle school students (I'm so sorry to any and all middle school students who read this post, but the majority of middle schoolers that I know do all this stuff); they run everywhere. If they bump into you, they don't even bother to apologize! They stop, look at you like it's your fault, and keep on running to wherever it is they're going when they'll make it with plenty of time walking. And since my school is a middle/high school, I'm seeing these little kids doing this everyday. They're bumping into me, every day.

I don't really know why some of that stuff makes me mad, it just really honestly does.

darkangel12341
darkangel12341
112 posts
Nomad

@Turtleman1234
Even though I am indeed a middleschooler I agree with you. Most people my age horrible and loud. Some of us on the otherhand get shoved into crap everyday by those same kids. If you are in the same grade as them all you can do, if you're not popular that is, is hunch your shoulders and let it happen. Kids still push me into stuff even though I'm very tall. I think it's because I'm a fairly quite, if not strange, person. But overall, yes most of the middleschoolers are loud, rude, and mean.

Showing 211-225 of 297