ForumsThe TavernThe 'Rant' Thread

297 59293
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

Basically just a thread to rant about anything and everything. I won't bore you with rules or anything, just remember to stick to the community guidelines and don't let this get out of hand

• 297 Replies
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

I hate being caught for making your teacher a facebook. Can Anyone relate?

Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,914 posts
Nomad

I can't honestly believe you don't lie yourself on a daily basis

Did I every say I was perfect? No, and I'm not even going to quote the rest of your post because it's all the same sentence, worded differently. You'd do well to see exactly why I hate lieing (the post right after yours, you ninja'd me). And I was mostly gearing for lieing about big things, little white lies aren't as bad, but still annoying and I get annoyed with myself when I do it. I used to lie about biggish things, but decided to quit that and now I always do my best to not lie about bigger things (like hiding behind people to save yourself, that's cowardice), and if I do, 99% of the time, I come clean. If I don't, it's usually because I forget to tell the person how something really happened.
Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,914 posts
Nomad

Sorry for the double, but I skipped over this:

I also honestly can't believe you can't come up with one reason people wouldn't want to tell someone else the truth.

1: To save your own filthy hide by saying it was someone else.
2: To make people think that you're someone you're really not.
3: To ruin the lives of those you hate.

You said I couldn't give one, well I gave 3.
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

But today there was this new kid on our bus and he happened to be sitting next to a kid who's constantly throwing s*** at people, only today he had an egg, a ****ing egg for christs sake! He threw it at this black girl and she got pissed and was ready to beat some a**, so they kid throwing stuff blamed it on the new kid and the new kid got punched in the face so some a**wipe could save his own hide from a beating

What a jerk, I hate cowards. That and you shouldn't do mean stuff to knew kids, because they're already going through a tough transition (especially if it's after school already started) and stuff like that makes them feel unwelcome and even worse.
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

But today there was this new kid on our bus and he happened to be sitting next to a kid who's constantly throwing s*** at people, only today he had an egg, a ****ing egg for christs sake! He threw it at this black girl and she got pissed and was ready to beat some a**, so they kid throwing stuff blamed it on the new kid and the new kid got punched in the face so some a**wipe could save his own hide from a beating.

Sadly I have been there and done that, I was extreamly bored, so I threw a pencil at random and all of the sudden I see this kid who was furious, beating up a kid who was staring at me. I felt really horrible, but would prolly feel worse if I got the beating.
2: To make people think that you're someone you're really not.

But that's seriously so fun! Make up all this stuff about what you do, say that you are in a gang, easiest way to make someone believe your a different person is to confuse the **** out of them in the beginning then just keep on talking.
I don't like when people don't think sensibly, like just a couple days ago my friend lost his wallet on the bus (MTA). An hour after he gets home some girl talks to him on FB telling him she got his wallet instead of just turning it to the busdriver, that part didn't annoy me cause she was trying to get it back to him, but then she turns it over to her GUIDENCE COUNSELER! HOWS THAT GOING TO HELP? and if she is going to turn it into someone, WHY NOT THE MTA? So now my friend has to find the school this girl goes to and get it back that way, which will probably take a lot longer than if the girl just handed it to MTA.
Then there's other people who ask the stupidest questions in class that probably if they addressed their common sence first, would have been answered two minutes ago...

I also don't get gamming communities, you try to join one which is fully willing to accept you till you tell them your age, person even liked me and gave me a peice of advice "next time, lie about your age" But i feel like age is someting that is quite stupid to lie about, why would you need to anyway? I asked communities like that and they say that younger peeps aren't mature enough, even though they heard me talking to them for quite a while, they still wont accept me cause of my age. Then there's the second side, actual immature young peeps, they are the most annoying people because they do very stupid things ad the power goes right to their heads so you can't stay in the group for more than a day before someone bans you or something. I find it quite annoying that I have to be stuck with power-drunken people instead of a nice, mature community where everyone supposivley is equal.
zakyman
zakyman
1,631 posts
Peasant

I just hate it when you are trying to go to sleep and other people are making so much noise and you just want to say STFU!!!! but your parents would hear you and get busted. I guess I could just say that in french "Tais-toi" but my parents speak french and I would get busted as well.

*phew*

I love ranting

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

^lol
I speak a little Spanish (which is basically the same thing as French and Italian), but my mom took Spanish in high school too, so I'm on the same boat as you, dude.

I love ranting

Agreed
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

I speak a little Spanish (which is basically the same thing as French and Italian), but my mom took Spanish in high school too, so I'm on the same boat as you, dude.

Haha, my parents know Polish. English, Spanish, German, and French... But I know Russian so it dosen't realy afftect me luckily.
samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,551 posts
Peasant

LIFE!

/thread

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

I don't like the 'Free' channels on TV anymore,
1. is that they are considered the free channels even though you still have to pay a price for the cable.
2. The free channels stock up on as much advertisements as possible, actualy the only channel which luckily didn't do that is Comedy Central.
3. This is still on the advertisements, but it is quite an annoyance, they put SO many that watching a program live is almost impossible unless you're playing a video game on commercial breaks.
4. I have a feeling that they are shortening shows because they still keep within the 30 minute time frame, but there is twice as much advertisements.
5. We are paying the cable companies quite a bit of money, why is tha money not going to the 'free' networks for compensation for being 'free'.

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

I just hate it when you are trying to go to sleep and other people are making so much noise and you just want to say STFU!!!! but your parents would hear you and get busted. I guess I could just say that in french "Tais-toi" but my parents speak french and I would get busted as well.

I have the same situation. But it's my parants that are making the noise. They tell me to sleep and then make just enough noise so that I can't.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

We are paying the cable companies quite a bit of money, why is tha money not going to the 'free' networks for compensation for being 'free'.

Because the cable company is only the supplier of the channels. The makers of the shows need to pay for the shows somehow and they do by getting money from commercials. It's kind of like asking a pharmacist to make a pill better.
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

Because the cable company is only the supplier of the channels. The makers of the shows need to pay for the shows somehow and they do by getting money from commercials. It's kind of like asking a pharmacist to make a pill better.

Yea so im asking, why is none of the money you pay the cable station going to those channels?
Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,914 posts
Nomad

But that's seriously so fun! Make up all this stuff about what you do, say that you are in a gang, easiest way to make someone believe your a different person is to confuse the **** out of them in the beginning then just keep on talking

There's one girl at my school who lies about everything. She says her father owns a chocolate company in Germany and that you can get your license at 14 over there but her car is always either broken or she crashed so she's always on my bus. She also said she won the winter olympics in Germany, but if you try to Google her, you won't find her...how much of it is true, you might ask? Not a single bit of it is true, not even in the slightest, but all lies have to be based off of something true, no matter how far-fetched they are...and her lies are based off the fact that she's from Germany.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

and that you can get your license at 14 over there

It doesn't matter how old she was when she got her license in Germany. If she's in America, she can't legally be driving at the age of 14 anyway.

If you want some facts out of her, ask her who started and lost two world wars. That should shut her up for a while.
Showing 241-255 of 297