ForumsThe TavernWould you die to save a family member?

26 3032
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Title.

I definitely would, no matter who it was as long as we have a close relationship, because I simply can't bear the guilt afterwards that I could have done something but didn't...

• 26 Replies
jordanx120
jordanx120
43 posts
Nomad

Yeah i am still young. It may be a little bit scary but i would.

TheUz
TheUz
26 posts
Nomad

It depends on which family member, and what the situation is, by saving the family member am I letting 10 or even 15 other people die?

RainbowGoGangster3
RainbowGoGangster3
529 posts
Nomad

i mean I have never had a close relationship to my family if it was at the time where i had to choose i wouldnt know but i would probubly jump in front of the bullot.. i would definently do that with my true friend though

GentlemanClam
GentlemanClam
523 posts
Nomad

Most families would rather die saving their child because they wan't their child to have a future

Yeah, most families would want their child to accomplish some of the goals that they couldn't do when they were younger. Like going to college or becoming a doctor or something.
CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
888 posts
Nomad

by saving the family member am I letting 10 or even 15 other people die?

I agree. It is not worth saving one person so 15 others would die. I would save most of my family and friends as long as it is not harming more people than I'm saving.
FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

One family member? No. You may think of me as monster, but starting from the fact one life's worth is equal to another, it'd be a waste to die as young as me. Plus, I have a very small family, and the sole person I really care about - a lot I mean - is actually my mother. I would give my life away anyday for someone a little more special to me however; it's all about who's in your heart and who isn't.

Most families would rather die saving their child because they wan't their child to have a future

See, that's where I'm getting at.

Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

I kinda made a thread like this but it's more general. Yes i would but it depends on what the situation is and who in my family.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

I would for immediate family members. Only if it guaranteed their safety and no one else got hurt.

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,206 posts
Peasant

nope. But if I had a wife and kids, then yes.

Zydrate
Zydrate
383 posts
Farmer

No.

I'm selfish like that.

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

Only if it were my children or grandchildren.

No one else in the world would be worth saving at the cost of my own life. Call me selfish, but numero uno is way more important than any, or even all, of my family.

Children, however . . . .

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

I probably would, depending on the situation. I don't usally consider my life more important then others.

Eli1010
Eli1010
272 posts
Nomad

i would probably do it for my mom or dad

jordanx120
jordanx120
43 posts
Nomad

Yeah true it does matter who it is..

jstevensgt
jstevensgt