ForumsThe TavernWould you die to save a family member?

26 3031
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Title.

I definitely would, no matter who it was as long as we have a close relationship, because I simply can't bear the guilt afterwards that I could have done something but didn't...

• 26 Replies
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

You know, it really depends on the circumstances, the situation and the willingness I have towards that particular family member.

Though really, for the people (if they exist) I care for the most I would give my life away no matter what.

novacek96
novacek96
11 posts
Nomad

nope my family are ******** to me.

FloydTC
FloydTC
2,906 posts
Nomad

my family wouldnt die to save me, and theyre much more ethical than I am. why should I save them?

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I would not die for anybody.

How would I know if I succeeded in saving their life? I'd be dead, so there's no way of knowing whether or not the family member in question survived whatever I attempted to save them from.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

If they are immediate/close family members and if they still have many years to live, yes.

But if it's someone sickly who will die in several years, no.

I'll be sad either way.

hokzwijn
hokzwijn
511 posts
Peasant

It reall depends on which family member. For example: I have some really annoying cousins and I wouldn't die for them. But if I had to choose one that I would die for, I wouldn't know one.

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,747 posts
Peasant

If a family member die it feels hard to live. I would do it.

keeton52
keeton52
928 posts
Nomad

I saw this and nearly died laughing. NO WAY! In fact my mom makes the perfect bullet shield.

Honestly, I dont like my family a whole lot. I'd take a bullet for my friends over my family. (Especially the girl I've been infatuated with for 3 and a half years)

deadhead50
deadhead50
341 posts
Nomad

it depends on which family member it is, if it was my mom or sister etc, then prolly not. If i were married or had children then yea i would save one of them. But right now... nope

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,747 posts
Peasant

I kinda made a thread like this

It's not like. It's actually a pretty big difference.
LivingToDie
LivingToDie
303 posts
Nomad

Depends on what relation it was.

And how long they would live after I had "saved" them.

Showing 16-26 of 26