ForumsThe TavernHow would you chose to die?

181 29450
Koru7
Koru7
1,408 posts
Nomad

Besides in your sleep, how would you die? plan your own assassination, stabbed in the back, shot to death etc.

please be creative. otherwise this thread will be boring.

I would plan my assassination, being sniped by an elite assassin. (like Ezio or Altair)

• 181 Replies
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I think I will go with being shot in the head at close range. It's quick and will be unlikely that i will feel anything. That or morphine overdose.

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

*The Context*
It is a snowy, January morning. Ice coats everything outside.

*The Disaster*
I walk outside, sled in hand, ready for a great day. However, I slip on the ice that coats my driveway and slid uncontrollably into the street, and am hit by an oncoming car. HOWEVER! I do not die!

The car carries me down the street aways before the driver starts skidding and fish-tailing on the treacherous ice. Finally, the driver crashes head-on and I am thrown through the air. When I land, I'm NOT DEAD YET!

I land on the trailer of a large truck. The truck carries me a ways to a gas station, but then it loses control and slams into the gas pump, which EXPLODES! I, again, am tossed through the air and land on the thin layer of ice coating a pond. The ice slowly begins to crack, then I suddenly fall through!

I manage to swim up, but subsequent explosions and the gas station fling chunks of ice at me! I dodge a few, then am sent sailing by a particularly large chunk, which then lands on me as I hit the ground. BUT I'M NOT DEAD YET!

The ice hurt me severely, but I survive. Spontaneously, a penny thrown by the gas explosion falls from the sky and hits me in the head. Then, I die. :P

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Simple, I would chose to live not die
Fine really of old age cauz ur not as freaked out about it ya know?

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Ok two things
1 I was ninja'd
2 snowguy r u quoting spamalot?

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

@pickpocket

Um... who or what is spamalot? Does that answer your question? :P

Koru7
Koru7
1,408 posts
Nomad

Snowguy13

Nice! and I don't know what spamalot is.

aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

Umm.... that execution scene in Life of Brian comes to mind.

But for something more original...

The year is 2077. The world's supply of reachable oil, coal, and natural gas ran out decades ago. Solar and wind power have proven to be ineffectual. However, this has not had a severe negative effect on the world. After the population stabilized, the vast majority of people are able to live relatively happy, peaceful lives. They simply make do with less technology.

BUT THEN!

Aliens attack! Raining down from the skies in UFOs that look like they were stolen from a 1970s alien flick, invaders declare war on the Earthlings. It looks like all is lost. Our weapons are useless. We have no source of energy. Scientists are able to develop a powerful weapon that could defeat the aliens, but it requires a massive amount of energy.

Just when it looks like extinction is inevitable, a team of scientists miraculously discover a large piece of antimatter, suspended in some sort of sustaining field. However, this anti-matter has a very specific configuration, and all of it is needed to provide enough energy. After careful analysis, the scientists come to the conclusion that a human most closely matches the opposite of the antimatter.

An aged member of the scientific team volunteers to be paired with the antimatter, knowing that it will be his destruction. His sacrifice enables the military to power their weapon, and defeat the invaders. However, one man decides that an alien species is too valuable to exterminate completely, and captures a wounded invader. He lets the Alien roam free in his backyard.

Later that night, the alien escapes and kills the man. It goes on to breed a new army, and eventually takes over Earth. But the Alien remembers the human's kindness, and decides to keep one human as a pet. This human enjoyed a wonderful life, getting to go to hundreds of new worlds and civilizations. He eventually served as an adviser to the alien race, steering them in a more peaceful direction. After many happy years, he chokes on a space peanut and dies.

I WAS THAT MAN.

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

@aknerd

Nice! xD

You made mine look small. ;D

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

I would die taking a bullet for someone I care about.

Koru7
Koru7
1,408 posts
Nomad

@dair5

Awwwwweee! That's sweet... but not creative enough. It doesn't have to be a story but a short sequence.

AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

I would die by getting impaled by cheese...scary huh?

Koru7
Koru7
1,408 posts
Nomad

Like a horror movie!

KentReid
KentReid
65 posts
Nomad

With a multiple Nazi-Zombies stabbing me in synchronization with each other like in "Dead Snow".

brp47
brp47
580 posts
Peasant

i would like to be the one who dies to save earth by sacrifising myself in some awsome way.

or being the one who discovers the cure to cancer, then finds that it meens i must take my own life to give my genome for the process to be completed

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

But I don't want to be assassinated. If I can't die in my sleep, then I'd want to die in a hospital bed when my family members are around so I can say bye to each and every one of them.

Showing 1-15 of 181