ForumsThe TavernWould you rather get infinity amount of money or save a life?

105 13580
divy1324
divy1324
433 posts
Nomad

I was bored and i thought of this question. It doesn't matter who it is.

• 105 Replies
GamerLynx
GamerLynx
32 posts
Nomad

I'm sure several people saying they'd choose the life just to look good, and I'm sure others are thinking the same thing and just not saying it. But on topic, give a man a fish, teach a man to fish, you know the saying. Save a life now, and you've extended the lifespan of one person. Use money to donate to charity, hospitals, medical research.... I know the skepticism about scientists not working due to gaining more money off of sick people, but here's another saying: Give a man enough money, and he'll walk barefoot into Hell, or at least put full effort into research.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

If you have an infinite amount of money, then spend billions of it, you would push the value of the dollar (or other currency) down. Eventually, your going to screw everyone over when you bring down the value of the dollar down to near zero. So screw every one over so that you can be happy for a while? Or save a life. I would save a life.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

If the life is a close family member or close friend, I'd save them.

If not, I'd take the money. However, I wouldn't recklessly spend it. I'd put large amount of it towards charities and such.

xXKashitoXx
xXKashitoXx
827 posts
Nomad

Save a life. Life is more important than money.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

an infinite amount of money!! I can save WAY more than one life with a giant never- ending chunk of cash at my disposal.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

I'm totally with ernie, and would choose the money. I could save more than a life, be it with research funds, humanitary help (well-placed of course, spending money brainlessly won't help a thing) or supporting the education around the world.
Master has a point though, I would have to be careful to not flood the world with money. But I think judiciously spent money can spend a whole lotta lives.

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,747 posts
Peasant

Infinite amount of money = Unlimited research facilities
Unlimited research facilities = Cures for cancer, AIDS, and other deadly diseases
Cures for cancer, AIDS, and other deadly diseases = Save more than one life

Money wins again.

Exactly! I would make many hospitals in poor countries. That would save millions of lives.
Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,911 posts
Nomad

I'm going with the money. The reasons why have already been explained by other people on here who chose the money.

jstevensgt
jstevensgt
108 posts
Nomad

money... unless it was a close person whose life i was saving

Valks
Valks
262 posts
Nomad

Why yes, I'd accept infinite tons of money to save my life.

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

It depends on the life, because even though it's a fact that every life starts with the same worth as any other, they don't have the same worth to me.

Infinite amount of money = Unlimited research facilities
Unlimited research facilities = Cures for cancer, AIDS, and other deadly diseases
Cures for cancer, AIDS, and other deadly diseases = Save more than one life
Money wins again.

Yeah, but if the life I'd have to give up to have this is the one of the person I love, I'd never be happy, even knowing I could save every human on earth with the power of Go...Money.

I'd rather save my mother or my ex-girlfriend or my best friend than have all the money in the world. Aside from those, I guess I'd take the money and make some miracles.

gbnxc
gbnxc
190 posts
Nomad

I would get the money because i could use it to help much more than one person

bravehawk204
bravehawk204
349 posts
Nomad

Sa ing a life would give you a amazing since of accomplishment.

WristSlasher
WristSlasher
14 posts
Nomad

I'd only save one person, which would be my best friend, without him, I'd be dead inside.

Other than that, I'd just take the money and donate a lot to some charities.

___

I know we're not being realistic anyway, but an infinite amount of money?
It's really not possible, you could just make everyone in the world a billionaire, you could've just said something like a million dollars.

WristSlasher
WristSlasher
14 posts
Nomad

Yeah, that's what I *tried* to state in my last post.
Must have failed epically.

Showing 16-30 of 105