ForumsThe TavernWould you rather get infinity amount of money or save a life?

105 13582
divy1324
divy1324
433 posts
Nomad

I was bored and i thought of this question. It doesn't matter who it is.

• 105 Replies
notinthepie3
notinthepie3
655 posts
Nomad

Whose life would it be?

WristSlasher
WristSlasher
14 posts
Nomad

Yeah, it should've stated who it was in the OP.
But, I'll just say: it could be someone you've never met, or it could be the person you're closest to.

RainbowGoGangster3
RainbowGoGangster3
529 posts
Nomad

save a life... i would want to take a bullot for that person rather then get money:b

Dregus2
Dregus2
492 posts
Blacksmith

Depends who's life you're talking about.

shift4101
shift4101
196 posts
Peasant

If anyone had an infinite amount of anything, it would become worthless. A HOLE IN YOUR ARGUMENT. HA.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

depends on who that person was. but id probably choose the money, if i had that sort of money, i could save even more lives. whats one life compared to millions

RainbowGoGangster3
RainbowGoGangster3
529 posts
Nomad

wow I wouldnt choose money i dont get why people think money is everything... money wouldnt make me happy i would rather be poor with some money but happy

Keyara
Keyara
370 posts
Nomad

Once again it depends on the person. I would save the person's life if it were someone I was close to. Also, if you have an infinite amount of money it really isn't worth anything. Hypothetically though, for the sake of argument, I will let the money still retain it's value. There is a lot of good you could do with that kind of money. I don't know if I can choose between the two. If I had that kind of money I could save their life and a lot of other people. So, I will take the money.

notinthepie3
notinthepie3
655 posts
Nomad

i would want to take a bullot for that person

Would you catch a grenade for them??? XD wow... that was bad...
Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

Yeah, like some people were saying, it would depend.
I would save a person's life unless:
-They were a murderer/ other serious offender (It will get bleeped out if I post it)
or
-They would not live a happy life (in so much pain, and doctors couldn't do anything for them)
If they wanted to commit suicide, I wouldn't let them die, I'd try to help them.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Upon first glancing at this thread, my immediate thought was that I should obviously save a life, somethings are more important than money after all. But the more I thought about it, the more wrong it seemed, by not saving the one life I could accept the money and aid millions of people, and if I helped those who couldn't afford medical treatment, and funded research for cancer and other such terminal illnesses. I could save millions, but at the same time it's somewhat of a requirement to sacrifice the one person for the so called greater good.

In the end I guess it's up to the individual, but I think I would take the money.

shade338
shade338
123 posts
Shepherd

I would save a life.
1.You can get good karma and you will be recognized as a hero.
2.Money doesnt buy happiness no matter how much you have.
3.Even if the person is some one you hate just saving his/her life can change their lives.

Regards, Shade338

shift4101
shift4101
196 posts
Peasant

Look at it this way, all you greedy ones out there. If someone was given the choice to kill you, and receive infinite money, or not kill you, and you both get to walk home, what would you hope they chose?

xfirealchemistx
xfirealchemistx
370 posts
Nomad

It depends on who the person is...but I would take the money.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

You can get good karma and you will be recognized as a hero.

Let's say there is no karma, and a condition of the deal is no one learns about this, and you're not allowed to talk about it. Would you still choose the live?

Money doesnt buy happiness no matter how much you have.

It can buy things that make you happy.

just saving his/her life can change their lives.

You don't say

Look at it this way, all you greedy ones out there. If someone was given the choice to kill you, and receive infinite money, or not kill you, and you both get to walk home, what would you hope they chose?

Let me talk to the person first, ask her questions, see what her plans/motivations are. Then I'll give you an answer.
Showing 31-45 of 105