ForumsThe TavernWould you want 1 million dollars right now or 10 million dollars in 10 years?

114 16410
divy1324
divy1324
433 posts
Nomad

btw when I said dollars you can use any currency.

• 114 Replies
Sssssnnaakke
Sssssnnaakke
1,036 posts
Scribe

Create a bank and start to screw people over.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

I would take the one million now so that I can go to business school, learn how to manage a business, start one, and then make ten million in less than ten years

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

You run a higher risk of dying within the 10 years and may never see the money.

I'd probably dead before I got the 10 million (because I'm an optimist). I'll take the million now and invest it so as to get more money. If I'm going to die, I want to die rich.
Valks
Valks
262 posts
Nomad

Ten million definetly. Nine million nine hundred ninety nine thousand nine hundred ninety nine dollars now, and the last dollar in ten years. There. Ten mill in ten years.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Well, I certainly would have a use for a million dollars right now. It would be great to have ten, and I don't necessarily need the money; but, it would be helpful.
You didn't quite specify on that point, so I will take the ten millions in ten years, by a rate of one million a year now that's a compromise.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

If I took the million now, I could get all of my college paid off now and save my parents the stress of having to pay for it. If I were to take it in ten years, assuming that I do in fact live to be 28, I could get a magnificent foundation for my future set up and plenty of extra cash to afford luxuries or to philanthropize.

Futurevgd
Futurevgd
3 posts
Nomad

You should cconsider 2012. it might actually happen! not...
I would take the ten million dollars in ten years. that way I would be 26 and able to spend on whatever i want. probably use it to go to college. does anyone have ten million dollars?

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Im going to need those 10 million later on. It will also be something to look forward to.

jstevensgt
jstevensgt
108 posts
Nomad

a mil now take half and put it in a high interest account... you have 500k to live on for ten years on top of whatever you make currently then withdraw the account thats just been sitting and growing

AtomicMud
AtomicMud
1 posts
Nomad

Ten million definetly. Nine million nine hundred ninety nine thousand nine hundred ninety nine dollars now, and the last dollar in ten years. There. Ten mill in ten years.
- Valks

Bahahahaha! I'm with Valks. I would take the $9,999,999 now and the $1 in ten years. :P

Valks, you're my hero <3
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

id take it now. i dont need much money and 1 million is more then enough to have a good life. i also need it right now and in my situation i cant really think that late in the future

xfirealchemistx
xfirealchemistx
370 posts
Nomad

1 million right now. I don't know if I'll be alive in 10 years.

TheUz
TheUz
26 posts
Nomad

I agree with xfirealchemistx you never know what might happen in ten years time, I would take my million now and put it in a high interest savings bank account, because I could still withdraw money when I need it but I will get more fast.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Definitely go with the ten mill down the road.

Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,911 posts
Nomad

Are you able to put it in one of those accounts that you can't touch for 10 years and grows like crazy? Because if so, I'm going with the 10 million and put it in one of those.

Showing 16-30 of 114