ForumsThe TavernWould you want 1 million dollars right now or 10 million dollars in 10 years?

114 16412
divy1324
divy1324
433 posts
Nomad

btw when I said dollars you can use any currency.

• 114 Replies
JoeBlade
JoeBlade
47 posts
Nomad

The latter. No question.

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

I'd go with one right away, because I'm not someone who's happier with more money. I could use it right away, give a lot of it to the people I love and still have plenty enough to be happy myself.

zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

I would prefer 10 million Kuwaiti dinars (you said we could use any money) over the next 10 years, considering that one dinar is equal to about 3 USD

notinthepie3
notinthepie3
655 posts
Nomad

10 million later. If I got 1 million dollars now, I would know a lot less that I would 10 years from now, so I would be able to spend my money wisely, get more money ultimately, and know what reasonable things I should buy or save up for. I'm young now so...

johnmerz
johnmerz
536 posts
Shepherd

I would take the 10 million dollars, ten years from now. If I die in that ten years, I would have it written in my will as for what to do with the ten million dollars. Probably have a monument built for myself.... Also, if I am alive ten years from now, I would be 25, which would be a good time to go to collage. I am looking forward to that ten million dollars. lol

hokzwijn
hokzwijn
511 posts
Peasant

Ten later of course. I'm like 14 now and in ten years I am 24. I could use that money for my own appartment and a car and college. What should i do with it know. All the fun stuff is for people over 18 (driving, living on your own etc.).

darthdave9
darthdave9
110 posts
Nomad

I'd go with one right away, because I'm not someone who's happier with more money. I could use it right away, give a lot of it to the people I love and still have plenty enough to be happy myself.

GHAAA!!
I would go with ten in ten years.
mrTrippy
mrTrippy
517 posts
Nomad

10 years later I'm 14 so I'll be 24 and I will be able to pay off all of my college loans 3 years after I graduate.

RainbowGoGangster3
RainbowGoGangster3
529 posts
Nomad

ten years later 1 so i could mature more and 2 so i would know what to spend it on

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

GHAAA!!
I would go with ten in ten years.

What's the problem with being frugal; life tastes a lot better that way. I seem like the only one to not really care about having more money over time. You do realize one million is already enormous unless you're some kind hipster spending maniac. You can buy a house and a car cash; once that's done you only need to pay the electricity/water bills and stuff like food and insurance. No monthly payments for an appartment or a car: they're yours. You go to school with the rest and then you can easily live working a few hours a week with the leftover money. I'm stunned to see everyone side with the ten millions over time...I guess it's typical of youth to see happiness in money...That might change one day my friends, I tell you...

ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
991 posts
Nomad

What's the problem with being frugal

What's the problem with being patient? Plus, almost everyone here isn't worried about paying rent or buying a house in the near future, so why not just wait?

Now, this is where I do agree with you. When you step back and really think, 1 million dollars is an incredibly large amount of money. Honestly, I'm on the fence of which I would pick. If my family was financially worried, I would take the 1 million right away. Thankfully I'm not, so I'd probably wait till I actually need money to keep up a house and all that stuff. Until then, I could just live a normal life like everybody else.
FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

What's the problem with being patient? Plus, almost everyone here isn't worried about paying rent or buying a house in the near future, so why not just wait?

I didn't point out a problem myself, but the user who posted after me seemed rather surprised by my point of view, that's all. I guess it really comes down to your age and situation. Sometimes I forget that the average age of the Ag denizens is about 13, while I'm almost twenty.

CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
888 posts
Nomad

get my poiint

yes but if I get 10 over the next 10 years I can buy a company and then make it bigger.
Blkasp
Blkasp
1,304 posts
Nomad

I would take 10 million dollars later.

Unless - I find something really great that will help so many people, that I can invent, patent, and sell for even more money than $10million (such as 100million) then I would take the $1 million.

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,747 posts
Peasant

take it now and buy a company so then id make more money.... get my poiint

You can't buy a company when you're 13. Also not so big company for 1000000.
Showing 31-45 of 114