ForumsThe TavernWho can cook?

140 22100
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Be completely honest.

How many of you can cook?*

I'm just starting to learn, because I've decided that having a sandwich everyday for the whole summer just isn't going to work. Not quite a chef yet, though.

*Cook does not include making cold cereal or PB&J sandwiches

• 140 Replies
Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,911 posts
Nomad

I can cook, sorta. I can make grilled cheese, scrambled eggs, almost sunny-side eggs, bacon, sausage, and I've cooked a burger once. I'm trying to learn how to make an omlet without it breaking, same with the sunny-side eggs.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

I can make macaroni out of the box or boil the noodles and add Ragu.
Also, I can boil soup, warm up snacks in the oven and put together a pizza bagel.
I'm definitely no chef, but I know all I need to for now

gbnxc
gbnxc
190 posts
Nomad

I can cook simple things like scrambeled eggs an pancakes an cake an brownies an stuff nothing really big or fancy though

Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

I can make pasta, sandwitchs, scrambled eggs, pancakes, bacon, anything with a recipe basically.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I can coo...

*Cook does not include making cold cereal or PB&J sandwiches

Oh wait, never mind...

I can't really cook much other then a few deserts, but I'm an expert sandwich maker.
bravehawk204
bravehawk204
349 posts
Nomad

I can make omlets, steak, fried chicken, lasagna, and borritos.

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

I can make eggs. Scrambled, sunny side up, boiled. I can also make bacon and probably a few other things. I actually made breakfest today.

fighter23
fighter23
395 posts
Nomad

I can make things with a recipe and eggs, bacon, sandwitches( I mean like creative sandwitches; not just bread and some meat), pizza, steak, burger(maybe), pasta, caprese salad, normal salad, fruit salad, grill cheese, nachos, I mix drinks too; but I don't know if that counts. That's all I can think of right now.

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

I make darn good grilled cheese...Seriously!!

I'm okay with following recipes; what I'm really good at though is homemade bread; the best I've eaten in my life is the one my mother thaught me how to cook, and I can do it as good as she does. It's quite time consuming though, so I prefer baking it at home when I'm on vacation; I don't have all the necessary stuff at my appartment.

I guess I'm good with all the regular cooking; I can even sort of invent sauces to go with meat or pasta if I have the ingredients; my mother's an awesome cook in the way she can make food out of almost nothing at all.

Alexistigerspice
Alexistigerspice
1,502 posts
Farmer

I can make chocolate truffles, cheese burgers, homemade lasagna, cookies, cheese cake, regular cake, steak, chicken parmesian, chicken pot pie, chicken fingers, fudge, omlettes,quiche, scrambled eggs, sunny side up eggs, divinity, lemon merengue pie, chocolate pie, pizza, and probably some other things but all these from scratch-- as in not out of a box or the freezer.

jstevensgt
jstevensgt
108 posts
Nomad

i can cook rather decent i do believe i have never had a complaint yet...one of my favorite things i cooked was what i named at the time an ultimate grilled cheese. this was unlike a regular grilled cheese because i actually cooked it on a charcoal grill and not in a pan on the stove. i started off with some buttered bread of course and some shredded cheese of whatever you like. ( i had 3 types on this specific sandwich) ok so get the grill warmed up put a piece of bread down then slap a good bit of shredded cheese on there then lay the top piece of bread on... ok now take more shredded cheese and sprinkle on the outside of the top piece of bread.. close the grill so the cheese on the outside melts... once melted flip grilled cheese over and repeat... once second side is melted flip grilled cheese again so as to kinda bake the cheese into the bread... man its good you got hot melty runny cheese inside and crispy cooked in the bread cheese on the outside

Dregus2
Dregus2
492 posts
Blacksmith

I can cook...... eggs, rice, chickpea salads, sandwiches..... any of that count?

GentlemanClam
GentlemanClam
523 posts
Nomad

I can cook Easy Mac. But I'm not sure that really counts...

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

I can cook anything that is made to be cooked in a microwave. Since microwaves don't really count as cooking (because you just take off a wrapper and push a button and watch it spin around for a minute), without a recipe, I can cook omelettes, scrambled eggs, pasta, and shredded potatoes (real potatoes, not the pre-packaged bagged stuff). I don't cook much. My sister does tho. We had an Iron Chef style contest. I only lost by 6 points out of like 80. I can cook a lot of other simple/moderate stuff, but I'd need a recipe.

FloydTC
FloydTC
2,906 posts
Nomad

I can almost make toast without burning it

Showing 1-15 of 140