ForumsThe TavernWho can cook?

140 22111
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Be completely honest.

How many of you can cook?*

I'm just starting to learn, because I've decided that having a sandwich everyday for the whole summer just isn't going to work. Not quite a chef yet, though.

*Cook does not include making cold cereal or PB&J sandwiches

• 140 Replies
mckenna_c111
mckenna_c111
120 posts
Nomad

i can cook my favorit dishis include spgetty. thats all i can make lol

IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

I can make plenty of different meals and most of the recipes you follow these days have so much oil or butter so I like to adapt them

schuetteg6
schuetteg6
270 posts
Nomad

I've cooked pasta, and different steaks, chicken veggies and other stuff along with eggs(which I have mastered to the highest extent!)

SneakR
SneakR
88 posts
Bard

I can cook i went to school and got a cert 3 in hospitality i can make coffee's and cook

JimmyDimples
JimmyDimples
74 posts
Blacksmith

I love to eat. So, I've always wanted to cook. Wanted an Easy-Bake Oven as a kid. Never got it.

But I can do some pretty good dishes. Microwave oven's a pretty good friend (great for making queso dip with just Velveeta and jars of salsa), but I can bake cookies, cakes, pies, sausage biscuit pizza, and roast chicken and poultry the old-fashioned conventional way. And if you can boil up a pot of rice, just add meats, seasonings, chopped fresh vegetables, salt, butter 'n stuff, and you can come up with great stuff.

An easy trick is to take the stuff you prepare by directions on the package, or a recipe, figure out what the components are, see if you can add or switch out other stuff you like, and come up with winners.

I LOVE to cook. But it's washing the dishes and cleaning up the kitchen afterward that's a pain in the butt.

R3LOAD
R3LOAD
531 posts
Peasant

I can cook using a microwave, I can do some things on a stove, mainly canned stuff, etc.

I have my own spaghetti bolognese recipe though, mhmmmmmmmmm!

Type70item
Type70item
18 posts
Nomad

I can cook many ways, though my fav is frying, i can do some amazing things with a frying pan, some salmon and the right spices

InvisableRanger
InvisableRanger
12 posts
Jester

technicaly everyone knows how to cook.Food->Pan->Fire->Wait->Done

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,231 posts
Jester

somehow, even doing that, i would burn the house down.
^^thankfully hasn't happened yet.
only make me cook if you want pasta. anything else tastes like paper. i think.

aamer13
aamer13
2,568 posts
Nomad

technicaly everyone knows how to cook.Food->Pan->Fire->Wait->Done
got it throw food on pan. throw pan on fire. let fire burn house. wait for house to burn. done burning ur home. u forgot a step like ummm EATING
awesomeplayer312
awesomeplayer312
187 posts
Nomad

I can make scrambled eggs,cakes,cupcakes,sweets,and like soups.

CalvinChong
CalvinChong
14 posts
Farmer

well i can cook fried rice, lasagne, pizza making from dough. steak, claypot chicken rice, steam fish especially red snapper or snowfish. with delicious chinese sauces,

teriyaki chicken, sushi rolled not sashimi. some iraninan dish of chicken kebab with home made garlic sauce.

but i am only consider intermediate, cause I cant prepare sweets like cakes or cupcakes, wish i have the time to learn.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

I can make a grilled cheese, an awesome egg sandwich, and any soup from a can with instructions on it. I would consider that a tenth of the way there.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

I'm a cook for a living... does that count? =)

I work in a restaurant that serves French-style and regional dishes.
And next to that, there's the usual lunch menu from fried eggs to a sandwich of course! =D

http://www.capitalwine.ca/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/swedishchef460.jpg

My role-model... BORK BORK BORK!!! =P

Xavierthe9
Xavierthe9
155 posts
Farmer

I can cook! me gusta eggs.

Showing 61-75 of 140