ForumsThe TavernWho can cook?

140 22109
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Be completely honest.

How many of you can cook?*

I'm just starting to learn, because I've decided that having a sandwich everyday for the whole summer just isn't going to work. Not quite a chef yet, though.

*Cook does not include making cold cereal or PB&J sandwiches

• 140 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

In my 6 months in the military I was a cook. A darn good one, too! Of course, meals in the Serbian army consist of bread, beans and a little meat, but I've learnt a few other things along the way.
I tell you, cooking for 300 people is not easy, and plus half the time the stoves didn't work

I would kill to be a cook in the military, rather then do boring marching and PT, which is what I most likely will end up doing.
sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

I would kill to be a cook in the military, rather then do boring marching and PT, which is what I most likely will end up doing.

Cooks actually have training as well. The same basics, obstacle courses and all that, just a little easier. The kitchens in Serbia were in a horrible condition, that was the only reason I despised cooking
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Anything, to get out of a little hard training. Heh.

brunitxo
brunitxo
58 posts
Nomad

I can bake cakes and make fruit juices... as long as I have a recipe or someone telling me what to do. Although I'm lazy, so I usually just fry some eggs.

Pwnage99
Pwnage99
41 posts
Nomad

I usually just fry some eggs

Tobisper
Tobisper
407 posts
Nomad

I can cook eggs and uhm mashed potatoes, hey that's considered cooking okay -.-

calebsi
calebsi
202 posts
Farmer

I love making cookies and cake
I can make lots of other stuff but they do not taste as good as cookies and cake

murasaki9
murasaki9
1,388 posts
Blacksmith

I can cook! I can make all kinds of stuff. You name it!
But my favorites are salad, soup, noodles, and dessert/candy.

ima_frikn_emo_vegan
ima_frikn_emo_vegan
9 posts
Nomad

i can cook lol i've been cooking for my family since i was 10 so i can cook prettymuch anything you want! but sometimes the seasoning on the meat is off kuz i have no idea! lol

DarkGamer99
DarkGamer99
606 posts
Nomad

I can cook pretty well myself. I love to cook it's really fun and cool.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Well, I do make the best bacon-wrapped hot dog around! =)

I don't cook much otherwise though, since there aren't many things I can cook better than a takeout restaurant can...

wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

Hmm. Posted this thread back in July.
It is unfortunate for me to say, I have made literally no progress at all D;

@ Firetail Madness

What is it you're looking for? I'm not a butter freak like Paula Dean but I can cook anything American. Do you want kitchen tips? Are you stuck with which is the best gadget on a budget? Are you wanting actual step-by-step instructions on how to prepare say, an omelette?

Speak up man, don't be bashful, ask away...

For all of you who made blatently $exist comments saying cooking is women's work, ask yourself why are there more male chefs than female? My father taught me how to cook not my mom.
KhaoticSniper
KhaoticSniper
210 posts
Nomad

Well Yea my Nan use to be a Chef in a Restaurant so she has taught me a few things here and there, SHE IS THE BEST COOK IN THE WORLD!! :P

derp3101
derp3101
171 posts
Peasant

I can cook little things.I can cook eggs,toast,make tacos,and I'm learning how to make chili!

greenplanet011
greenplanet011
207 posts
Nomad

I can work the microwave like a pro XD.lol.I can only make a simple hot dog and eggs.

Showing 91-105 of 140