ForumsThe TavernZombies?

24 3590
wil4813
wil4813
256 posts
Nomad

Ok, I know this is stupid, but I just read the book 'The Zombie Survival Guide" and am curious if zombies could exist. I did some research and found that the virus mentioned in the book, Solanum, is made up and not real, however it sounds to me like it is possible for zombies to actually exist. I've tried to do research myself but, I find mixed results every where. Just curious to see people's opinions.

• 24 Replies
Dregus2
Dregus2
492 posts
Blacksmith

Nah, how can you be dead but still be "alive"?

wil4813
wil4813
256 posts
Nomad

They're not the premise is that it is a virus and when the virus spreads through the body it kills you. Then after you are dead the virus takes over the cells of the brain and reanimate them. The brain works as a host for the virus but when you die all of your nerve endings die which is why zombies presumably can't feel pain. that is also why zombies supposedly cannot die unless you destroy the brain because that is the only part that is actually functioning.

darkangel12341
darkangel12341
111 posts
Nomad

I personally believ it could happen.

Zabusy99
Zabusy99
73 posts
Nomad

i watched a National Geografic Documentary about zombies. its in english but i watched russian version.

It says that if virus Berserk[that one u get if you were bitten by angry animal like dog]evolute very much it could become first virus to make zombies, zombies like in L4D , they are not actually zombies , they are just berserk people .

BTW if you find this documentry on internet , give it a watch , its awesome.

So in the end...
[i]I believe zombies can exist[i]

wil4813
wil4813
256 posts
Nomad

You mean like rabies? I don't think that rabies would evolve enough in our lifetime to become a zombie like virus.

darkangel12341
darkangel12341
111 posts
Nomad

We have the technology to have a man-made virus be spread to a massive population.

wil4813
wil4813
256 posts
Nomad

We have the technology to have a man-made virus be spread to a massive population.

Yes but what kind of virus? I guess it is possible that they would be able to craft a virus with those qualities, but I doubt that any one smart enough would release it to the general public. If they do craft it it would only e for volunteer testing.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Zombies? Again?

Hopefully we don't have as many mad scientists as the media portrays.

By the media, I mean cartoons.
wil4813
wil4813
256 posts
Nomad

I think it would be fun for about two days. Then after you see your loved ones die off, it would get very tragic instead of awesome.

Zombies? Again?

This thread is completely different from that thread. That was who came up with it. This is if it could be real.
darkangel12341
darkangel12341
111 posts
Nomad

It could be anything from an airborne pathogen, to a water borne virus. Anything and everything these days came be recreated in a lab.

Erli
Erli
156 posts
Jester

I'm really sure that if any mad scientist 'create' that virus, it would be really really controlled. So nothing would happen... i hope, heh.
Btw i think that you think that a zombie infestation would be cool, because you imagine yourselves killing zombies out there with a shotgun. But that is after the outbreak. Imagine all the people running everywhere, screaming, crying, confused. Imagine yourself trying to go home or wherever between all these people, blood, chaos; when you can't distinguish healthy people and the infected. Building barricades and getting guns is not as easy as in films or games... you should know.
Well, i hope you all understand what i'm saying.I think i should write a book... or make a film!
(killing zombies out there with a shotgun, would be awesome, i know :P)

wil4813
wil4813
256 posts
Nomad

Erli it would be awesome, amusing that your not dead, which chances are you will be.

Erli
Erli
156 posts
Jester

Exactly

boushh20
boushh20
24 posts
Nomad

There's a fungus that can control insects' minds.(Planet Earth series) It makes them crawl to the top of things for some reason... I bet scientists are manipulating that in labs. I think a form of zombies could exist. Just maybe not your typical 'want your brains' kind. ^_^

razinskie
razinskie
120 posts
Nomad

if it did happen it would probally be rabies. but the United states would just nuke the infected area, and tht would be it.

Showing 1-15 of 24