ForumsThe Tavern[ans]Last Player on The Rank

26 2996
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Hi, everybody. Everyone here knows that the number one user of the site is firetail_madness. But what about the last one on the rank? Do anyone know who it is?

• 26 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

Anyone with zero points.

That is correct, and this user shows how many users have no AP. As of April 18th, this number is about 700,000.
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

700.000? I got there and it said 1.000.000, lolz...

Anyway, why having an account if you're not winning any AP? The games are free and most of them don't need an account. Creating accounts just to say "Hey, look! I have an AG account!" is just... meh...

And any name to cite?

KXIsystem
KXIsystem
106 posts
Nomad

Anyway, why having an account if you're not winning any AP? The games are free and most of them don't need an account. Creating accounts just to say "Hey, look! I have an AG account!" is just... meh...

And any name to cite?

Well did you play any games the second you made an account?

And why should we point out names?
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

It would be a hard and annoying task to name all those 700.000+ people who share the last spot, I believe.
And some people like having an account for lurking. You can't lurk very well without one.
Most are ghost accounts left after the great referral epidemic, and some people just didn't like AG, and left again.

Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Well did you play any games the second you made an account?

Um... no... I created the account to play Shell Shock Live and won my first AP three days later.

And why should we point out names?

Just to give the last place a personality... I mean... we gave the 1st place a personality by recognizing it as firetail_madness... why don't recognize the last as someone too?
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

I hereby name all of the last placed accounts "Bob". They will lose this title when they gain a point.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

Except for 0AP accounts that are already recognized, such as Framl.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Still doesn't make Framl not a Bob.

Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Okay... so as said by Freakenstein and Cenere, the last place or all the 0AP accounts will be referred to by "Bob".

Can this new... eh... "rule" (because it was created by a moderator) apply to the forums?

And if the account is labeled female?

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

We should not be treating many users as one. Most 0 AP accounts are alts or ghosts. However, alts won't be allowed on AG3, and AP as we know it won't exist on AG3.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

It's a title, so obviously it can apply to to the forums and females and whatnot. However, the only place one would see such Bobs would be in the newcomer's and forum games sections, and it is generally more proper to then respond with the user's name instead of title, just as I wouldn't yell "HEY DWARF" at Freakenstein, because then he would punch me in the knee or something.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

I find kicking in the shins to give a longer lasting sting. Unless you have those knobbly knees that you can push in to make someone wince.

So I guess as a community we can declare all (inactive) 0AP accounts as Bob McMickerton.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Sounds... somewhat painful...

Sir Bob McMickerton the first, Earl of Lowlistan. And thou must speak this entire title every time thou see one of the Sirs Bob McMickerton the first, Earl of Lowlistan, because it is written.

Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

in the knee? Lolz

Anyway... sure... talking to Bobs is a little... uh... uncommon. They don't have AP and, surely, don't post. On the Newcomers forums, the use of Bob would be next to zero, as it would only fit the cases that happen when a Bob make a "Hi" forum (winning 1 AP) and then stop "moving" on the site... Then the Bobs would refer to 1AP accounts.

The only cases where Bob should fit was in a discussion about alternate multiplayer accounts (that may end with AG3) or unknown users that swear at multiplayer games and have 0AP on the site.

Example: "YaddaYadda* called me a [censored] while I was playing Shell Shock Live. His account is a Bob. Shouldn't be better to ban him?"

* the user YaddaYadda is totally fictional on this case

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Except both the Newcomer's and Forum Games section are no-ap zones, which means you could be quite active without ever gaining a single AP. That way you could end up with quite a few Sirs Bob McMickerton the first, Earl of Lowlistan in the same thread, all alive and active, but without any real progress to the account.
Had a few of those earlier on, might still be lurking out there.
As for all the alts, well...

Showing 1-15 of 26