Do you believe dreams can foresee the future
or communicate knowledge?
Have you had a dream that came true?

• 44 Replies
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

lols i had a disturbing dream about girly body parts (i know...) that chased me (they had no feet though). one of them was like a piece of meat with... "boobs", (what is the correct word for that?) one at everry side and it had 4 sides. i can reasure to you i have no memory that has anything to do with something like that (i woke up and ran away really frightened XD)

hokzwijn
hokzwijn
511 posts
Peasant

I don't believe there is some foreseeing thing in dreams. I did once dream of a toilet (when I was like 4). In the morning I realized I pee'd in my bed.

VinceNeille
VinceNeille
139 posts
Shepherd

Wierdly, for me, I feel it happens the other way around.
I would see things while I'm awake, and the it would turn up in my dreams. This is only on some occasions, because the dream would start out as it did and turn to something incredibly weird and/or freaky.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

That's interesting...well, since everyone loves to be puzzled, what if dreams that predicted the future weren't really dreams, but messages?
Ponder on o_O

murasaki9
murasaki9
1,388 posts
Blacksmith

Okay, Joe96, let's see where we can go with this.
I think that dreams could be messages.
Some people may not agree.
I want to know what people think.

KawaiiRion
KawaiiRion
202 posts
Nomad

I had this somekind of idea or a question, that even though you would've never been somewhere, never seen those people or objects in your real life or dream(s), could it be possible, that in real life (If such events can happen for true, which I suppose can) the event might be slightly different, but the faces (or the appearance) of those people are different and the enviroment might be different?

Meaning of what I just wrote: When you're dreaming about something, ex. a person by a river... Can it be possible, that the enviroment can change, ex. The river-enviroment changes into a mall and the person's appearance changes?

Well, atleast I think, that whenever I dream (Or see nightmares, this mostly happens in nightmares, though) I can't really see the people's faces.
They're pretty blurry. My mind doesn't work the same way it really would. If people have somekind of "Future seeing message" thing inside their heads, maybe it can't be enough accurate to know the people's faces and so.

(I think) Dreams can be messages, but they're not always about something dangerous, ex. You dream about something "stupid" and "embarassing". Also, they can go somewhere deep into your past, what you wouldn't remember yourself.

I suppose un-predicted events like that should happen without any warning or so (Ahem, let me explain now what I was trying to say. I think, that the human mind isn't aware of these events before the dream/nightmare happens. This kind of things should mostly happen in very deep sleep, RAM-sleep I think it was called).

Hard to say, but it seems rather interesting in a way. If they can find out what's this about...
Well, maybe someone's already researching this.

Hm, I think humans have known for years and centuries, that dreams aren't like real life.
Still, if we could find out, has this been going on more and more compared to the 2000's and under that timeline, this might get very, very interesting.

Oh well. Also, sorry for the Not-So-Good-English and for the grammar errors.
Also, sorry, if you guys didn't get it what I was tying to say with this. I'm not so sure myself what was I writing. Hm.

murasaki9
murasaki9
1,388 posts
Blacksmith

Very interesting take on dreams, KawaiiRion.
You're right, sometimes, our minds distort
things and we see things we may have seen
in real life differently in our dreams.
I've never experienced that, but I know people
who have.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

This kind of things should mostly happen in very deep sleep, RAM-sleep I think it was called).

That's REM sleep.
murasaki9
murasaki9
1,388 posts
Blacksmith

Thank you, Emperor.
REM it's called.
I knew that, but that opens up new avenues, doesn't it?

Squiddicus
Squiddicus
266 posts
Peasant

I cannot go a week without having a wierd dream. Many of them involve 'Dragon Ball Z' in some way.

murasaki9
murasaki9
1,388 posts
Blacksmith

Oh, reoccurring dreams.
Those kind. I have those kind
all the time.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Oddly enough, I had a dream which repeated itself, I'm sure of it, but I flailed to grasp its actual events. A few weeks later, I built a spinning machine, quite basic, which, after one push, kept going for a couple days (No electrics were used). The dreams stopped after that. Unfortunately, it was stripped of parts for a much bigger project, which I will not go into until I have secured the world for myself. Dream on. *sigh*

IGotGame
IGotGame
10 posts
Nomad

alcuni sogni mi spaventano! ne ho fatti alcuni che voi non immaginereste mai!!! erano senza alcun senso!!

IGotGame
IGotGame
10 posts
Nomad

some dream that I had was very very bad xD

Sarthra21
Sarthra21
1,078 posts
Nomad

I once had a dream where I would go out with this girl I liked. It came true, but only for about 4 months. I also had a dream where there was a school shooting during the 5th period lunch. Since I do not have 5th period lunch irl and I was in the cafeteria in the dream, this dream's probability of actually happening are 1 in 2*10^45

Something cool I learned from reading 'The Martian Chronicles' by Ray Bradbury: If we figure out how to use telepathy and eventually master it, we could impose hallucinations upon other people. 'What the hell does this have to do with anything Sarthra21?' Well it could help explain to people your dream, or if you're in the same room with someone while you sleep you could accidentally show them your dream.

Showing 16-30 of 44