Forums

ForumsFlash Games

[Necro] Paying for premium content thats unjustly corrupt.

Thread Locked

Posted Aug 3, '11 at 7:22pm

randumbness

randumbness

58 posts

I have only two games that have bonus content that you must pay for on armor games. You may think only 2 games with bonus content that you must pay for too get thats nothing to get worked up about. I created an account on armor games because i was under the impression that this site was incorruptible and wouldn't charge for anything on this site except merchandise.Im not worried about the 2 games ( castaway 2 and the last stand union city) having premium content its that Armor games is becoming like Mochi games. pretty soon a lot of games will have premium content you must pay for Which would completely contradict the idea of [quote] free online games

Posted Aug 3, '11 at 7:41pm

master565

master565

4,250 posts

Armor Games itself does not charge for the premium content. Most of the time its the devs themselves doing that.

I'm pretty sure AG get's a portion of it, but it's not their decision.

Posted Aug 3, '11 at 7:55pm

randumbness

randumbness

58 posts

So your basically saying AG is getting paid by the devs and its not their decision? this is confusing.

Posted Aug 3, '11 at 8:09pm

gbnxc

gbnxc

200 posts

I dont think its really that big of a deal i enjoyed both the games without the premium content

Posted Aug 3, '11 at 8:18pm

Maverick4

Maverick4

6,889 posts

You're not forced to buy the content, and you still have access to 99% of the game.

Look at it this way. Game Developing is only profitable if you can make a popular game. That way, people click the page, see the ads, and the ad comany pays you on how many people see the page. So to balance the books, the Developer throws in a little bit of extra content for a cost. The Developer makes more money, and s/he can buy better equipment to make better games. So its a win-win.

Posted Aug 3, '11 at 8:28pm

randumbness

randumbness

58 posts

Yes technically but better programming doesn't always make better games. Plus on one game you unlock a completely different storyline if you buy the premium content. Premium content also has a negative affect it tempts people to hack the game and then post it on a different sometimes changing the name you notice these sites sometimes on google searches . Premium content is plagiarized or stolen more often that other games. If you cant play a game with full content than its just not as good. Its more like you can have access to 80-90% of a game the p2p idea is what i have a problem with.

Posted Aug 3, '11 at 9:13pm

KXIsystem

KXIsystem

117 posts

Yes technically but better programming doesn't always make better games. Plus on one game you unlock a completely different storyline if you buy the premium content. Premium content also has a negative affect it tempts people to hack the game and then post it on a different sometimes changing the name you notice these sites sometimes on google searches . Premium content is plagiarized or stolen more often that other games. If you cant play a game with full content than its just not as good. Its more like you can have access to 80-90% of a game the p2p idea is what i have a problem with.

What you are poking at is piracy, the pirates that do so simply think that the content isn't worth the price. If you think so go ahead and support them, its illegal yes but if you really think having that extra item or an extra bit of game play is so important than support the wonderful people that make them go ahead, honestly the flash games here that provide paid content have only %10 at most of the game.

This argument is more towards a game like club penguin where its a flash game and you have to pay "80-90%" of the content. It doesn't belong here.

Posted Aug 4, '11 at 3:05am

Blkasp

Blkasp

1,356 posts

You also forgot to mention that Shell Shock Live has packages that you can purchase.

Posted Aug 4, '11 at 3:55am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,425 posts

Knight

free online games

The games are free. You don't have to pay to play them, do you? Only for the extra stuff. And that isn't on many games. I've seen about twenty-thirty games with premium content on Armor Games, and there are over 2k games on here.

As for the premium content, how do you expect the developers to get money? Ad revenue will bring some money in, but they need money to live. They create flash games for a living, so I don't see a problem with premium content.

Posted Aug 4, '11 at 9:52am

Sonatavarius

Sonatavarius

1,371 posts

It always gives me a greater sense of satisfactions to beat a game without having purchased the premium content. Gemcraft Labyrinth would have been soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much easier with the extra levels, play styles, and power ups. Getting through some of those levels without (I apparently started playing after the pylon leveling had been taken away :'''''( ) the extra content was pure hell. It makes me feel great to have completed the game (save the 2 bonus levels that aren't attainable w/o premium) without premium content. Premium content is for the weak.