Nomad

Any questions about Islam, ask it here?

Greetings

• 558 Replies
Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

How do you know it's real... the Religion, of course?

- H

Reiki000
Reiki000
232 posts
Nomad

How do you know it's real... the Religion, of course?

- H

Every other religion I've perused do not seem to make any sense for me.
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

Every other religion I've perused do not seem to make any sense for me.

How/why did Islam make more sense to you than any other religion you'd looked at?
vesperbot
vesperbot
955 posts
Nomad

According to this, you accept as true what is revealed in Old Testament (to Moses and before) and New Testament (to Jesus). Then why don't you accept Gospels?

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

ummm.... i dont want to start (continue) an argument. i think he meant specific questions about the islam and not questions that are menat to try and disproof his belief. i think its obvious that no one can tell how his belief is absolutely right.

sorry i have no questions though XP

grimml
grimml
879 posts
Nomad

1) Why do you think that Islam is true? What kind of evidence do you have?
2) What do you think about Sharia law?
3) What do you think about passages in the Quran that describe Allah as cruel? For example:

2:6-7
As for the Disbelievers, Whether thou warn them or thou warn them not it is all one for them; they believe not. Allah hath sealed their hearing and their hearts, and on their eyes there is a covering. Theirs will be an awful doom.

3:177
Those who purchase disbelief at the price of faith harm Allah not at all, but theirs will be a painful doom.

4)What do you think about fighting against infidels (respectively infidels have to pay the jizya)?
9:29
Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture as believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, and forbid not that which Allah hath forbidden by His messenger, and follow not the Religion of Truth, until they pay the tribute readily, being brought low.

Sahih Muslim, Book 19, Number 4294:
When you meet your enemies who are polytheists, invite them to three courses of action. If they respond to any one of these, you also accept it and withold yourself from doing them any harm. Invite them to (accept) Islam; if they respond to you, accept it from them and desist from fighting against them. Then invite them to migrate from their lands to the land of Muhairs and inform them that, if they do so, they shall have all the privileges and obligations of the Muhajirs. If they refuse to migrate, tell them that they will have the status of Bedouin Muilims and will be subjected to the Commands of Allah like other Muslims, but they will not get any share from the spoils of war or Fai' except when they actually fight with the Muslims (against the disbelievers). If they refuse to accept Islam, demand from them the Jizya. If they agree to pay, accept it from them and hold off your hands. If they refuse to pay the tax, seek Allah's help and fight them.
grimml
grimml
879 posts
Nomad

Sorry for double-posting, I forgot to cite my sources:
Skeptic's annoted Quran and the source for the hadith verse

Reiki000
Reiki000
232 posts
Nomad

First of all people, as thebluerabbit said, the questions would be about Islam, and not about my believe. But I will answer your questions.

How/why did Islam make more sense to you than any other religion you'd looked at?

First of all, I believe that there is a Creator. And that there is just one Creator. Abrahamic Religions are the most logical ones, why would so many people believe in it if it wasn't? So it was Judaism, Christianity or Islam. The ideas in Judaism were different than how a Creator would "rule". The idea is like "the Jews are humans and the non-Jews are animals".

About Christianity... Christianity is actually... you know... just different. What I don't understand about Christianity is actually the most about the trinity. I didn't get any, "good" answer about the trinity.

And at last Islam. Islam is a bit different than Christianity and Judaism. Why? Because the Message is simple;

Proclaim, "He is the One and only GOD. "The Absolute GOD. "Never did He beget. Nor was He begotten. "None equals Him."(Qur'an 112:1-4)

And there is no error in Islam. Not even one. Many "miracles" etc. Things that actually wouldn't be known in that time etc. The Qur'an explains for me everthing. The reason I'm here, the reason I'm being Created and more.

According to this, you accept as true what is revealed in Old Testament (to Moses and before) and New Testament (to Jesus). Then why don't you accept Gospels?

What do you mean with, the Gospels? The life of Jesus(pbuh), or everything written in the Gospels?

1) Why do you think that Islam is true? What kind of evidence do you have?
2) What do you think about Sharia law?
3) What do you think about passages in the Quran that describe Allah as cruel?
4)What do you think about fighting against infidels (respectively infidels have to pay the jizya)?

1) Already answered
2) What do you think I need to "think" about Sharia Law. The Sharia Law in Iran, Iraq or the Sharia Law in Indonesia and Malaysia?
3) I don't see any "cruel" passage. Only warnings if you don't believe. Think about it as a school, because it's the best example I can give. Make your homework that's it. If you do, you will pas, if you don't... you won't. Simple as that.
4) I'll answer this later.

Greetings
yz125
yz125
256 posts
Peasant

Islamic people what exactly are your beliefs in this Religion? Havent heard it all , so tell me please >.<

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

The idea is like "the Jews are humans and the non-Jews are animals".

Uh, how is this? The Jews have always been more tolerant of other religions than Islam or Christianity. It's also one of the few religions that has a commandment to try to give people reasons why they shouldn't join, before letting them join.
Osumnis
Osumnis
1,147 posts
Shepherd

I am a Muslim as well, and I'll try to answer some questions. According to Reiki0000's profile, he is older than me, so he (probably) knows better.

I think I can give an answer to this.
We believe that what was originally given to Jesus (pbuh) and the prophets before him were true. However, all of the books have been changed over time (except the Qur'an) and therefore we cannot take anything we see written in them as true, regardless of what it is.

Islamic people what exactly are your beliefs in this Religion? Havent heard it all , so tell me please >.<

There is a lot to tell. But simply, there is no God but the one God (Allah) and he (The gender of Allah is unknown and in Arabic, when there is an unknown gender, it should be in the masculine form) has no partners. His final Prophet/Messenger is Muhammad (pbuh).
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

To be actual, what is it exactly with Ramadan? Do you know why it started/what the original reason was?

Reiki000
Reiki000
232 posts
Nomad

Uh, how is this? The Jews have always been more tolerant of other religions than Islam or Christianity. It's also one of the few religions that has a commandment to try to give people reasons why they shouldn't join, before letting them join.

It's written in the Talmud. I will search it for you up if you want. Oh and Islam is more tolerant to other religions than Jews, sure of that. Why else would palestinian womans been abused and children being killed by Jews? Or are these people not real Jews? The Qur'an says it clearly. Your religion to you, my religion to me.

Greetings
Reiki000
Reiki000
232 posts
Nomad

What do you exactly mean with "your beliefs". What we belief in? What Islam is all about?

Greetings
Reiki000
Reiki000
232 posts
Nomad

To be actual, what is it exactly with Ramadan? Do you know why it started/what the original reason was?

Summary:
The word Ramadan is derived from the Arabic word Ramida, meaning intense scorching heat and dryness especially the ground. The reason it's called Ramadan, is because like the intense heat scorching the ground, in this month the Muslims are being forgiven by all their Sins.

The Doors of Heaven are fully opened, and the Doors of Hell are closed, and the Devils are chained. It's the time to beg for mercy by God and show repentance.

During Ramadan we muslims get busy seeking Allahâs mercy, forgiveness, and protection from Hellfire. This is the month for renewing our commitment and re-establishing our relationship with our Creator. Like opening a new page.

The reason we're fasting, is of different reasons. So our body can rest. Like when you're ill and don't eat, so your body isn't busy with digestion, and instead of digestion, it renews its self. An other reason is, as you may now, to understand the importance, of what has been given to us by God. The importance of our food and drink etc. To feel what the poor feels and felt etc.

Ramadan is a time too, to give charity to the poor.

I hope this was helpfull.

Greetings
Showing 1-15 of 558