ForumsWEPRWhy do we need war?

154 35479
nitin007
nitin007
85 posts
Peasant

Why can't we just solve everything non-violently?

• 154 Replies
Sarthra21
Sarthra21
1,078 posts
Nomad

I shall explain with biology!

You see, since humans are animals they will compete with other humans for the necessary resources for life. This could also become things not necessary for life, such as money, weapons etc.
We also have a dominance complex, which is why everyone secretly (or openly) desires to rule the world.
My question is, 'Why does everyone who actually tries to take over the world labeled an antichrist?'

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

I bet that there were many times like when you're sitting there and your little brother asks for some of your favorite candy, you wouldn't just say "oh sure" and the big countries fight over big stuff anyways. Nobody likes sharing.

THe only time I wouldn't help my little sister is if she did something to make me very angry. Every other time when she asks for help i help her. Most of the time i can't stand to see her struggling. It bothers me to see people who have a problem.
Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

People have needs. These needs are sated by resources. Resources are finite. Resources include but are not limited to: land, food, water, shelter, money, and fuel. If a person or a group of people needs something and their only way of obtaining it is by receiving it from someone else, then when the giver doesn't want to give or sell said resource then the person who needs it has to either take it by force or die/suffer because of not having it. When it is up to you to decide whether or not your children eat or the other people's children eat... there are some of us who would do whatever it takes to provide for their own.

You might say that the person whose resources are being requested should just cooperate and share... well that's all well and good up until the point where you only have enough to take care of you and yours... and no1 extra.

There are also other reasons for why people fight. Some people think that others are the epitome of bad and that those people should die. Some do it to get revenge or to avenge another. Some do it for greed. "Some men just want to watch the world burn."

I doubt that war will cease until we can gain almost infinite resources, and when everyone holds the same ideals and philosophies. Until everyone holds the same belief about what is "good" and what is "bad" and adheres to it, I doubt we'll ever see a non-violent world. (and that good has to be a non-violent good...being that good is a relative term)... that or everyone just quits caring about anything and everything and just exists

Even tho some of the reasons why people war evolve during the duration of the event, a lot of their origins have a lot to do with finite resources (oil, gold, land) and people's desire to have them.

nitin007
nitin007
85 posts
Peasant

"War. War never changes. Since the dawn of human kind, when our ancestors first discovered the killing power of rock and bone, blood has been spilled in the name of everything, from God to justice to simple, psychotic rage." - Fallout 3

jroyster22
jroyster22
755 posts
Peasant

I would say greed has a big impact on war. As sad as that is...

Ivnar
Ivnar
3 posts
Nomad

I think that humans go to war because we don't like losing something (We have the idea that we always have to WIN so when we lose then.... WARRRR) It's all about human instint

nitin007
nitin007
85 posts
Peasant

*instinct

netgear99
netgear99
15 posts
Nomad

Its human nature. We natural want more, when we can't get more peacefuly we fight for it. Be that more freedom, more money or more resources.

crazydumdum
crazydumdum
203 posts
Nomad

Keep world population down. I'm pretty sure that if we never had another war the world would die ever faster do to overpopulation and lack of resources.

ianhq
ianhq
150 posts
Nomad

We need war to establish boundaries and to deliver a message.

Reiki000
Reiki000
232 posts
Nomad

War is actually not that bad. Scientist think the reason for civilization. There's war, and after war, there's a time everyone is helping each other out, and rebuilding everything. Thus: more civilization.

Still, War does more bad than good.

Greetings

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,487 posts
Blacksmith

unfortunately, war happens because of tension build-up between two factions. what causes the war is when one thing takes the other faction to the breaking point. war will always happen no matter what the circumstance. religious differences aren't the only breaking point.

partydevil
partydevil
5,129 posts
Jester

War is actually not that bad

WTF!? have you ever been in war?
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Oh yes. Nonviolently. Anyone want to look at history for a second? Hate to mention Hitler straight off, but he is one of those guys who you can't be nonviolent to. They tried, they even gave in and gave him a decent amount of land. And you probably know the rest.

Your peaceful idea requires that there isn't anything worth fighting for, not if your a starving hungry man being oppressed by a ruthless dictator or defending your home from the guys who really, really want to kill you. There are plenty of reasons to go to war, good reasons.

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,482 posts
Shepherd

WTF!? have you ever been in war?

He was speaking in terms of progress or civilization building. IE: After WWII, the manufacturing and crediting business the US had going for itself was amazing, --> War not so bad, since it helped for a scientific and economic revolution in the US.

He wasn't looking at it from your perspective -- regarding things like humanity and all the bs soldiers go through. [At least, I hope not]

I agree with 314, if you want something and you're mean, it's pretty much a reason.
Showing 16-30 of 154