ForumsWEPRWhy do we need war?

154 35487
nitin007
nitin007
85 posts
Peasant

Why can't we just solve everything non-violently?

• 154 Replies
dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

Not really. I don't see the condition of Africa's disease and famines improving. Last time I checked, civil strife and famines are not improving the situation.

We've done it but we just haven't distrubited it to all the parts of the world.
balerion07
balerion07
2,837 posts
Peasant

Are you serious??? Two times as many children died daily just a generation ago of preventable causes. How is that for statistics?

Recent data shows that during El Nino there is twice as much likelihood of civil conflict: 3% vs 6%. If you don't believe me look up the study. It's the weathers fault.

Deathless950
Deathless950
1,943 posts
Nomad

We need war to get rid of dictators

Dregus2
Dregus2
492 posts
Blacksmith

We need war to get rid of dictators

What? I have to say that is completely inaccurate. First, not all dictators are bad and need to be taken down. Second, there are plenty of ways to get rid of one non-violently. Kinda like how they did it in Egypt.
grimml
grimml
879 posts
Nomad

First, not all dictators are bad and need to be taken down.

Well, if they aren't bad they will surely get elected in a democracy, right?

Second, there are plenty of ways to get rid of one non-violently. Kinda like how they did it in Egypt.

If you protest peacfully and you get killed by soldiers and tanks, what would you do? Stay peaceful and get slaughtered?
SecondMan2012
SecondMan2012
23 posts
Nomad

Well, I think we need to avoid saying there is no need for war. There is such thing as a just war. The problem is that human pride is endless and we'd prefer ourselves to be comfortable over the people down the river. In the words of the prophet of Love: [quote]"Love thy neighbor as thy self."[Mark 12:31]

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

I think we should so we could limit how many people are on this earth and also its like a really big debate.

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

Population does need to be managed but war is a terrible way to do it. It's brutal, traumatizing, and it affects families too. There are better ways to control our population.

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

Population does need to be managed but war is a terrible way to do it. It's brutal, traumatizing, and it affects families too. There are better ways to control our population.

Abortion? Condoms? Both those things are unliked by some poeple also so war satisfies the population control if those get eliminated.
dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

No, strict government birth rate control. If the government can slow down the birth rates in overcroweded countries then eventually their population will decrease. This has been tried and failed but if a country can control it the right way then it will be much better.

SecondMan2012
SecondMan2012
23 posts
Nomad

I got to be honest, I think using war as population control is barbaric but founded in logic. We can avoid war in a civil manor, yes, but the only reason war happens is because there are people who are so incredibly prideful that they cannot bare the thought of sitting down and talking out their problems. (i.e. Gadaffi of Lybia)

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

No, strict government birth rate control. If the government can slow down the birth rates in overcroweded countries then eventually their population will decrease. This has been tried and failed but if a country can control it the right way then it will be much better.

VBut then there's problems like in China with people actualy drowning their children, or lots of orphaned children which could lead to crime if they become discarded on the street.
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

Or if you really want to have a strict hand over the whole world, then the government would just have to start killing people to keep the population under the limit.

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

I know, when I was talking about the countries that fail at this china is definitly one of them. You need to inform people that there is a problem and what steps can be done to help. Then you also have to keep track of the birth rates each month and find ways to make sure that they start to decrease.

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

I know, when I was talking about the countries that fail at this china is definitly one of them. You need to inform people that there is a problem and what steps can be done to help. Then you also have to keep track of the birth rates each month and find ways to make sure that they start to decrease.

But how WILL you find ways to decrease the birth rate? The only way I could see is make the economy go really bad and people can't have another mouth to feed so they dont have children.
Showing 91-105 of 154