ForumsThe TavernFirst Day of School

57 7621
daniel5533
daniel5533
160 posts
Nomad

im feeling werid about going to school because i want to go but i dont want to do the work it confusing
cause how many of you want to go to school to work?

• 57 Replies
KineticNinja
KineticNinja
166 posts
Nomad

I start school on September 7th and am looking forward to see my friends again, I think schools fun as long as the work is easy for you because you get to be with your friends there everyday.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

I'm anxious for a teacher that knows what the heck they're talking about, but I doubt I'll get one of those.

KineticNinja
KineticNinja
166 posts
Nomad

I'm anxious for a teacher that knows what the heck they're talking about, but I doubt I'll get one of those.

If the teacher doesn't know what they're talking about, wouldn't the principle or somebody notice? You would be learning false information so school would just end up getting you stupider.
Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

If the teacher doesn't know what they're talking about, wouldn't the principle or somebody notice? You would be learning false information so school would just end up getting you stupider.

The irony is ironic.
And no. The principal and other administrators would notice, but frankly, school nowadays is about children scoring well on tests, not about children actually learning. Have you heard about the principals and teachers who helped their students cheat on tests so that the school would get stimulus money from the government?
KineticNinja
KineticNinja
166 posts
Nomad

Have you heard about the principals and teachers who helped their students cheat on tests so that the school would get stimulus money from the government?

No, I wish I had a teacher like that lol
CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
888 posts
Nomad

well I don't exactly like the work at school but I like it better than staying at home and doing nothing.

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

School thursday, but 8-hour long orientation tomorrow, since the power at the school was out today, they combined 2 orientations.

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=true+story+meme&um=1&hl=en&client=safari&tbo=d&tbm=isch&tbnid=EpDgr-zwKAw3wM:&imgrefurl=http://www.webmastertalkforums.com/ask-me/46901-ask-me-lowrider-sti-7.html&docid=3qA_otkmM2kKTM&w=261&h=258&ei=nMJdToC8O8fL0QGduKCPAw&zoom=1&biw=768&bih=946

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

No, I wish I had a teacher like that lol

You wouldn't if they got caught, because it would mean you would have to retake those tests under harsher conditions later.

Anyways I'm officially in college now as of today. Having all of my classes in the afternoon is probably going to be weird(that's how my schedule is) but overall I'm actually quite excited about it.

8-hour long orientation tomorrow

I could be mistaken, but aren't typical school days usually 7-hours long?
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Orientation isn't an actual school day, it's used for filling out the paperwork and its replicates, getting schedules, paying fees, etc. Although I've never had one 8 hours long before, usually they last about 3 hours if that.

School on the 6th, I get to be a Senior!

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

awww i actually really miss school. finished it this year (and unfortunately college will remain a dream...). the work isnt great but school has some nice feelings to give you. you get to see your friends every day and MIGHT actually learn something XP.

lol in here sundays are normal school days and you have a different schedule depending on the subjects you learn. in 10th grade (i think) you can choose your groups and one of the groups lets you choose some of your subjects. so there are almost no students in the class that actually have the same schedule. we also used to get some really twisted schedules. i started 3 days in a row at 10:00 o clock and finished 2 days in a row at 17:00 my friend started at 10 2 days a week and finished at 17 3 days a week.

but yes we have normal school days on sundays XP. i wish i could continue studying

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

Nobody notices. They either talk out of their butt until I prove them wrong or they read from the book without being able to explain anything.

Have you heard about the principals and teachers who helped their students cheat on tests so that the school would get stimulus money from the government?

Yes. Didn't they all get fired or something? I don't think it was for stimulus money: it was because schools with low scores were being shut down.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Orientation isn't an actual school day, it's used for filling out the paperwork and its replicates, getting schedules, paying fees, etc. Although I've never had one 8 hours long before, usually they last about 3 hours if that.

Our orientation is combined into our classes during the first week of the school year: we get our timetable a week before but we go to classes as scheduled and each class takes care of the admin during the first half of the class: registering for exams, sorting out assignments and booklists, then the second half of the class is the start of the lecture.
greenpeople2007
greenpeople2007
399 posts
Nomad

You guys have it lucky. I'm going to a school with a bunch of people I haven't seen in years. I have French and Gym for my first 2 classes, and Math and English for my last 2. At least my sibs say most of my teacher are cool. Canadian schools only have 4 classes a day.

Hobada
Hobada
34 posts
Nomad

I had a seizure on my second day of classes.
Luckily I had went home before it happened.
My professors were all nice about my work though.
Almost dieing is a good excuse I guess lol

Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

i'm worried because i'm going into an AP sort of class of english and history. and japanese which i probably forgot a lot of over the summer. math i really hate. i'm going to die within the first week of school....

Showing 31-45 of 57