ForumsThe TavernDo problems seem worse at night?

28 5499
notinthepie3
notinthepie3
655 posts
Nomad

Is it just me, or do problems that you face seem worse at night, like, when you're in bed and stuff. Like, if I had a project I did really bad on at school, it doesn't seem that bad during the day, but then I totally freak out about it at night and make it seem like a life-or-death situation. Has anyone else experienced that?

• 28 Replies
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

It's just because you are more focused on thinking than usual when there are fewer distractions.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Yeah... I was studying for a hard test and then I panicked about at night

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,157 posts
Nomad

Has anyone else experienced that?

Yes, in a way.

I don't know if it seems worse for me, really. Instead I think it's because in bed I have nothing to do but lie there and think about things. And because of the way I am my mind wanders first to things that worry me, faults I have, or failures I may have committed. So, to me it's not that things seems worse, just that I finally have time to mull them over.
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

"when the sky is bright, every things all right"

Like Dragon said, it's because your mind isn't preoccupied. It's one of the reasons I can't sleep at night, My mind is all "Hey bro you know....." and I'm all O MY GOD and freak out haha

notinthepie3
notinthepie3
655 posts
Nomad

It's just because you are more focused on thinking than usual when there are fewer distraction

Wow... I haven't thought about that... well then... maybe I should just stop sleeping
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

Wow... I haven't thought about that... well then... maybe I should just stop sleeping

And die? Good idea.
I probably just gave you something else to keep you up at night, didn't I?
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Yes u did, thanks to u I'm thinking about death now.

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

Lol. Well I know that every night I have to be tired before I go to sleep. I mean like exausted. Because I can't fall asleep if I'm not really tired. When I'm not tired it gives my mind to much fredom to focus on every thing else in the world. Even when I'm tired I'm constantly thinking but it's just less. I freak out over over projects a lot though because I make a plan but then there's always something that messes it up.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

It's things like that that make it hard for me to sleep at night. Whether it's real life melodrama, school stuff, or too much stimulation from video games, it usually takes hours for me to actually go to sleep. And that's on a standard night. When I read/watch creepypasta...

http://www.eddsworld.co.uk/eddvault/comic/EWCOMIC0115.png

Antich
Antich
99 posts
Blacksmith

Last night i played a flash game Scuba and closed my laptop, but it didn't turned off and in room very quietly i herd a music from this game, but I think that it goes death to me.

bschnauzer7
bschnauzer7
289 posts
Scribe

Yeah, that happens to me a lot. I have nothing to do right before I sleep, so I just think about stuff, and usually I start to think about all the stuff that I have to have ready tomorrow (which I don't have done, and I should really be doing it right now.)

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Oh for sure.
I hate the way it happens too.

I think it's because during the day you can surround yourself by distractions, but when you're laying in bed at night all you hear is your heartbeat mixed with the worries floating around your head >.>

Blows.

GentlemanClam
GentlemanClam
523 posts
Nomad

during the day you can surround yourself by distractions

Yeah, usually during the day you're surrounded by the sounds of TV which makes it kinda hard to think. But at night there isn't too much to distract you and all you do is lay there, think, and try to fall asleep.
needLife
needLife
22 posts
Nomad

well i have very much problems at day than night

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Usually I have a stronger emotive perception in the evening and night than during the day. Winter depression anyone?^^
Also the moments when I lie in bed and can't sleep are my most creative and proactive phase :P

Showing 1-15 of 28