ForumsThe TavernWhat's worse: A guilty man not going to jail, or an innocent man going to jail?

60 9183
notinthepie3
notinthepie3
655 posts
Nomad

I'm just wondering what other people think and why they think that. I can't really decide.

• 60 Replies
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

I have to say the two are equal:
In our judicial system, once a man is proven innocent, he can't be charged for that crime again.
But if an innocent man is found guilty and and put in jail, then we've got a man who did nothing in jail and the man who did commit the crime running around freely to do whatever he wants.

I agree with that, but I think it's worse if the man who was convicted of a crime and found guilty, but was innocent, get's the death by toxin penalty, I don't even know why they do that for civilians, I would much rather be hung or shot.
Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,911 posts
Nomad

I would much rather be hung or shot.

There have been cases where people have survived gunshots to the head and if your body isn't balanced (say, missing an arm) your head comes clean off, causing a massive unnecessary bloodbath.
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

There have been cases where people have survived gunshots to the head and if your body isn't balanced (say, missing an arm) your head comes clean off, causing a massive unnecessary bloodbath.

Well luckily they can't reanimate me to make me clean up after myself =)
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

lso I thought you would have comments more about the hanging and sometimes your neck dosen't break and all that, but I would hate to die by needle, it's like a frusterating death since you know that you could just pull it out and get a vaxcine or something, maybe I just shouldn't be a criminal.
libby21
libby21
85 posts
Nomad

I would say a guilty man not going to jail. If he/she was dangerous they are a harm to other people. If an innocent man goes to jail it is not good for him his friends or family but at least it doesn't harm the general population.

Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,911 posts
Nomad

it's like a frusterating death since you know that you could just pull it out and get a vaxcine or something, maybe I just shouldn't be a criminal

It kills you really fast, that's why they call it 'lethal injection' . They also strap you down, it's quite painless from what I've heard.

I thought you would have comments more about the hanging and sometimes your neck dosen't break and all that,

I knew I was forgetting something.
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

It kills you really fast, that's why they call it 'lethal injection' . They also strap you down, it's quite painless from what I've heard.

Meh, I still don't wanna think of lethal injections be4 taking my Physical.
Mistersadman
Mistersadman
26 posts
Nomad

A guilty man not going to jail is worse
But an innocent man getting sent to death row, thats worse

KeenuTehUneek
KeenuTehUneek
91 posts
Nomad

An innocent man going to jail.
Though, I don't know how to explain.

RikJimmy00
RikJimmy00
240 posts
Nomad

Innocent man going to jail its not his fault but he is getting there...i would love that people just take out the killing thing they have on prisions just let the guy pay for what he has done...killing him will do nothing on society that would be a first step

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

get's the death by toxin penalty, I don't even know why they do that for civilians, I would much rather be hung or shot.

It also makes the organs unuseable for donation to those who are in need of transplants. Since we're in an age where every part matters, there needs to be a better method.

i would love that people just take out the killing thing they have on prisions just let the guy pay for what he has done

What do you mean by 'ay'? If you meant 'ay' as in money, what about the ones that have tons of cash? What about the ones that are too unstable to work for the money?
Showing 46-56 of 60