ForumsThe TavernHow do you get out of a Bad Dream?

61 18098
TheLegitGamer
TheLegitGamer
181 posts
Nomad

Hello Armor Gamer's!

I would like to know how you guys can exit a bad dream when you know your in a dream. What I do is I crawl in a ball, scream, and shut my eyes extremely tight. Always works! But sometimes for some reason. I enter ANOTHER different dream XD It's funny how that happens.

• 61 Replies
eddyalex
eddyalex
308 posts
Nomad

I just suddenly wake up without really doing anything, the dream will carry on until something really bad is going to happen and then i just wake up.(that probably happens 80 percent of the time) Sometimes though i just scream in the dream and wakes me up also!! So really there is no way i get out of a dream i just sort of well... wake up.!

SilvrDrakon
SilvrDrakon
28 posts
Shepherd

yes [quote] I've known people who can force their bad dream to become a good dream. It's mainly sheer willpower. I do it a bit differently. Usually i'm able to incorporate something silly into the dream.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

I'll sometimes realize I'm dreaming and let it play out. If it starts to go sour I'll force myself to wake up by focusing and thinking about waking up. If you can realize you're dreaming, you can usually manipulate some things to make it fun, but then you might accidentally think about something bad.

Alexistigerspice
Alexistigerspice
1,502 posts
Farmer

Unfortunately my bad dreams are usually realistic and logical, so it feels real. I used to have quite terrible night terrors, where I could feel the pain of what was happening to me. I always used to dream I was caught in a fire but was the only one in my family to make it out of the house alive. I seem to only wake up after a period of severe dream-pain, but i have heard if you rationalize it you can make your subconscious move to a different topic because you mind has technically resolved whatever caused the dream.

Chake1
Chake1
52 posts
Nomad

well, what i have noticed is that when i think of something it usually happens, so i believe thats when i wake up, basically just think of something that could happen in that dream, like your in a fire, think of a ladder coming through that window and you go down, and everyone was there waiting for you

darver
darver
189 posts
Nomad

When I'm in a dream of any sort, I always wake up at awkward moments.

Seemingly, when I'm in a bad dream, I wake up when I'm about to die (My bad dreams are really bad.)

R3LOAD
R3LOAD
532 posts
Peasant

I always seem to wake up after the worst has happened, so I'll wake up upset, or angry, etc.
Unless I die, that is, I wake up as I'm about to.

Oh, and I heard if you use the toilet in a dream, you'll wet the bed? Anybody know if this is true? I've never used the toilet in a dream so I wouldn't know..

SparklingKnight
SparklingKnight
72 posts
Nomad

I usually wake up at the really bad part

savdebunnies
savdebunnies
111 posts
Nomad

I stop it from being a bad dream by asking a tree "What's up?"
Ironically I've died seven times in dreams doing that.

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

I usualy try to screw with whats happening in the dream and make it fun for me and when it actualy starts to work it like boots me outof it. When I was little I couldn't do that and my only escape was to find my mom (a hint on for extreamly little i was) or just give up and die (finding my mom was preferable because if I died then I would go to hell for a while and also I would die in horrific ways).

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

Oh, and I heard if you use the toilet in a dream, you'll wet the bed? Anybody know if this is true? I've never used the toilet in a dream so I wouldn't know..

I have used the bathroom in a dream before and I WISHED I would just wet the bed because I would not be able to wake up but it hurt like hell to have to pee. But in those dreams I usualy didn't even look for a bathroom and was just trying to go everywhere (on the sidewalk, on people in my dreams ect.).
Zoey1092
Zoey1092
111 posts
Nomad

So If You Know Ur In A Dream, All U Have To Do is Blink 3 Times. Always Works

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

So If You Know Ur In A Dream, All U Have To Do is Blink 3 Times. Always Works

Not for me but it might work for you. I think it's just whatever we believe will work because the whole dream is created by you so you are setting the rules for it and binding what does what.
cloudygrl25
cloudygrl25
27 posts
Nomad

I quickly wake up, to make sure the horrible isn't real. But then I try to get back to sleep, to that dream, so I can resolve it.

I've had the same reoccurring nightmare for years now, and apparently it's just TOO horrible to ever see through to the end.

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

I've had the same reoccurring nightmare for years now, and apparently it's just TOO horrible to ever see through to the end.

Whats the dream?
Showing 16-30 of 61