ForumsThe TavernHow do you get out of a Bad Dream?

61 18097
TheLegitGamer
TheLegitGamer
181 posts
Nomad

Hello Armor Gamer's!

I would like to know how you guys can exit a bad dream when you know your in a dream. What I do is I crawl in a ball, scream, and shut my eyes extremely tight. Always works! But sometimes for some reason. I enter ANOTHER different dream XD It's funny how that happens.

• 61 Replies
vontje
vontje
866 posts
Nomad

Hmm if it is a bad dream most of the time i can't wake up, but i try to stay relaxed and know it's not real.

When i wake up and am scared i just make a good dream of a bad dream:P For instance, once i had a dream about a witch who turned me into a frog and let me explode. When i woke up i just imagined me returning the spell and make sure the witch ends up like a frog and i end up happy haha

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

Just basically think, "alright, this sucks. wake up." works for me.

TRUdog
TRUdog
1,032 posts
Nomad

I don't really do anything. Mostly, if I want to wake up, I wake up. It's basically like watching a movie and wanting to turn it off.

Pedro97
Pedro97
1,870 posts
Jester

When I realize I'm on a bad dream, I can't get out of it by myself. The only way I can get out of it is when I die in the dream and then I wake up really scared.

Gameboy98
Gameboy98
232 posts
Jester

I try to scream. Once I tried that and it worked, but after a few seconds because my drowsiness kept me from screaming. I now know that if I have a bad dream, I have to force the scream out.
I have the WEIRDEST dreams in the world. I have nightmares of robot squids with laser eyes and they either have me in pursuit and shoot their lasers or they get me before I can run far enough. I've had series of those nightmares. They seem very connected. Mostly I don't realize a dream, but nearly every night, I don't remember ANY of my dreams, but sometimes I have dreams where I realize I'm in one and I try to get out immediately. I try to put my hand in cold/hot water in my dream, but it never works. I even slap myself to get out, but I only feel my hand only stroking my cheek.
But at this moment now as I'm writing this reply, I realize that I CAN control my dreams. I've only seen that sink and my hand slapping me because I wanted to find it. But I still may never control my dreams to change them because dreams happen so rarely that I never realize it until I wake or am woken up.
*Sadness*

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

I try to scream. Once I tried that and it worked, but after a few seconds because my drowsiness kept me from screaming. I now know that if I have a bad dream, I have to force the scream out.

Do you mean screaming in the dream, which makes you scream out loud?
Something i've never tried.
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

if im in a bad dream it runs like a movie so it ends when i wake up. but the most time i have a mix out normal dreams and lucid dreams.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

I rarely have bad dreams but when I do I just wait for something bad to happen so I wake up. And stay close to other people

TreyWest
TreyWest
5 posts
Nomad

I the only way i wake up during a bad dream is that i jump off something really high and it gives me the jumps something like that where u jump when u wake up.

waterlinkedgirl
waterlinkedgirl
36 posts
Jester

I rarely have nightmares, but the nightmare part is really weird because when it would happen in the world which i'm now writing in, it would be not very frightening.

I am the key in my dreams.

I fight evil(I think) and sometimes i am the evil ITSELF!!

I say to myself: "You control those dreams yourself" and then it's no bad dream anymore.

aamer13
aamer13
2,569 posts
Nomad

try and die in ur dream cause when u die u usally wake but for me i am the controller it like a ps3 u pick wat game (dream) u do wat u want to do

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

I had a bad dream last night. What I did was I stayed away from danger. Whenever there was a sign of danger I stayed calm and avoided it.

crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

I have very vivid dreamz. Sometimes I can even feel them. I sometimes have dreams about being trapped, with undead outside, and horrible depressing things going on outside. I'm usually trapped in a truck-stop bathroom. Next to a Whataburger. I once got an up-close of a guy having his girlfriend/wife turn undead in his arms, and eat him..... ugh.... After that, I stopped playing zombie games. And watching zombie movies. Anything zombie, I have to avoid. From about april until july, I was mentally unstable, and paranoid of empty places. I literally was FORCED to give up zombie/undead/horror stuff.
Anyways, I cannot wake up from nightmares, unless woken up by an outside source.

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

I tend to wake myself up from bad dreams more often but it's become tireing. I wake up and then I feel like I'm almost in shock. Then it takes a few minutes to convince myself to get up. But I guess it's better then a nightmare.

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,752 posts
Peasant

I sit still like a ball and focus to wake up.

Showing 31-45 of 61