ForumsThe TavernHow do you get out of a Bad Dream?

61 18099
TheLegitGamer
TheLegitGamer
181 posts
Nomad

Hello Armor Gamer's!

I would like to know how you guys can exit a bad dream when you know your in a dream. What I do is I crawl in a ball, scream, and shut my eyes extremely tight. Always works! But sometimes for some reason. I enter ANOTHER different dream XD It's funny how that happens.

• 61 Replies
Jetcord
Jetcord
825 posts
Nomad

Its called Dream spinning, that is USUALLY by spinning with you're eyes closed,

murasaki9
murasaki9
1,390 posts
Blacksmith

I've never been successful getting out of a bad dream.
I always have to wait it out, struck by horror the whole
time. Eeeegh.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

I rarely seem to have control of myself in dreams, so I have to wait it out. It gets on my nerves, but bad dreams, unless obviously tied to real life, have no meaning. Unless they repeat themselves, which usually happens when someone has gone through a lot of trauma, and the body can't get rid of the sights, sounds, smells, feelings and tastes from the event.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I can't really control my dreams, but with most bad dreams I notice that I wake up right before something horrible happens to me. I'm usually sweaty when that happens.

johnmerz
johnmerz
537 posts
Shepherd

I rarely have nightmares, but when I do have them, I just wake up to get out them.

Arjan
Arjan
41 posts
Nomad

Best thing is not to avoid nightmares, conquer them. When zombies are crowding you, imagine you have a... MINIGUN! 5 minutes later and your bad dream is over...

Until you find out they weren't zombies, but your family and friends...

Then... Use a Revive-O-Tron!

Good luck killing bad stuff and reviving good stuff in your dream(s)!

johnmerz
johnmerz
537 posts
Shepherd

I had a bad dream last night. I had logged onto my AG account, and my AP was down to 400ish (I currently have about 6,550 AP), and a bunch of mods had posted on my profile about it. It was horrible!

MercuryX
MercuryX
1 posts
Nomad

Just shake your entire body, including your head, and after a few seconds you'll wake up. This works every time for me

ellock
ellock
385 posts
Blacksmith

Depends on the dream, if it seems to weird I will wake up because I realize it is not realistic. IF it is realistic, like it could work or be real; the dream tends to be more dramatic than violent; like a loved one dying, people slowly abandoning me, people rejecting me after they know to much about me... I am starting to see a pattern in my nightmares... anyway I usually wake up after the dream is over and I just freak out and cry in a corner. The worst dreams for me are ones where I can like say 'that could actually happen in real life' because then I can't get it out of my head. I am not exactly sure why though, I am in the same boat as @Joe96 though with the waking up, it is weird.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

@MercuryX you spelled it wrong @blk2860, he would have never known your disappointment!

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

In my opinion, I try to think as hard as I can about reality. I heard a great tip from someone that looking at a clock in your dream is one way to find out

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

I just don't dream, yes I know what you are going to say, "Everyone dreams some people just don't remember them afterward." And to this I say to you that I used to dream and then one day it stopped, so I don't dream anymore as I remember what my dreaming was like.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

I only dream sometimes, but I awake from bad dreams just before I get eaten or whatever. Mundane dreams meander on until my alarm goes off, and good dreams end just as something particularly good is about to happen.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

I just don't dream, yes I know what you are going to say, "Everyone dreams some people just don't remember them afterward." And to this I say to you that I used to dream and then one day it stopped, so I don't dream anymore as I remember what my dreaming was like.

You probably just stopped remembering them. There are times when I remember dreams frequently, and then for a long time I don't remember any, usually I don't even notice.

As for getting out of a bad dream, usually it's unconscious but I remember that one time I woke up by sort of escaping through a small hole in the wall, deliberately waking up.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I usually don't dream. But when I used to and had bad dreams, they always ended when I died (usually from car crashes or falling off a cliff or something) and then I woke up.

Showing 46-60 of 61