ForumsGamesMaster's Minecraft Redstone Creations

57 27575
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

Over the last week or so, I've constructed an (almost) fully operational 3-bit calculator in Minecraft. It can currently add, subtract, and multiply, and, when i get around to making it, divide.

I've decided to mark up a cartograph for you guys to help you understand it.

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/3339/calculatorcartograph.jpg

(if that's to big, go here)

1: This is where you and the console are, reading the instructions is suggested. This is the only place you need to be.

2: This is the seven segment hexadecimal display. Unfortunately, it only works for addition and subtraction, it has no support for multiplication, you will have to use the binary display for that.

3: An older version of the display. It works faster then the other one because it closer to the circuits, but it's no where near the console.

4: This is the binary to hexadecimal converter. It takes the binary answers and makes them usable for the hexadecimal display.

5: The addition station. Adds your numbers together.

6: The subtraction station. Subtracts your numbers.

7: The multiplication station. Multiplies your numbers.

8: A more powerful calculator i built that only does addition and only displays it in binary. You can check it out if you want, i used a fly mod to get there.

Download link

Just download, unzip, and place in your saves folder.

Problem solutions

1: If it doesn't work at all when you first open it, flip all the switches on then off. The redstone sometimes glitches up with MCedit and this usually fixes it.

2: Read the instructions in the map, you may be operating it wrong.

3: The seven segment display is hexadecimal, so when it comes up as A, B, C, D, E, or F, it's not a glitch.

Any problems, glitches, ect, just ask me. And for the third time this post, read the instructions in the map.

• 57 Replies
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

New Version

The seven segment hexadecimal display now takes up about 80% less room, making it run and calculate faster. Also, the old seven segment display is now disabled.

Download

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

STILL DON'T GET IT.

I wasn't explaining how it works, i was explaining what it is.

I get it,wow thats a great plan!

It's not a plan, it's finished...
darthdave9
darthdave9
110 posts
Nomad

@master565 lol, I guess none of us took the time to actually look at it.
TOO LONG DIDN'T READ

%Pr

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

@master565 lol, I guess none of us took the time to actually look at it.

It looks like neither of you even bothered to read the opening post.
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

Interesting concept. Are such things like calculators always so big in Minecraft? It looks pretty complicated... :P

Why does everyone keep calling it a concept? It's a reality. I'm not the first one to create something like this, people have made 256 bit ALUs and full computers with memory, processing, and programming. Mine looks complicated, but it's just a lot of wiring due to me putting it together badly. People can cram everything i did into a space one tenth the size.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

I gotta compliment you on the time it took for you to make this. I'm preferable to the simpler construction of objects in Minecraft myself. That's what amazes me so much about this game; you can be so creative with the objects at your disposal.

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

Dang, they must have spent a lot of time working on it. Speaking of which, how long did you spend making this?

A little less then a week.

Humm, there does seem to be a lot of empty space there. Well, as long as it works.

I used a world editor and guessed how much space i needed, obviously i over guessed a little :b

I gotta compliment you on the time it took for you to make this. I'm preferable to the simpler construction of objects in Minecraft myself. That's what amazes me so much about this game; you can be so creative with the objects at your disposal.

Thanks
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

Why would you need this?

Kinda pointless but still cool

darthdave9
darthdave9
110 posts
Nomad

Why would you need this?

Kinda pointless but still cool

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. All you really need in Minecraft is a dirt shelter, but that would be boring wouldn't it? People build massive constructions like there because it's fun.
%Pr
AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

So this looks cool. You should add more commands to it, like Pi, square root and even more?

Zoey1092
Zoey1092
111 posts
Nomad

y wud ppl need calcs in mc? i get ur concept for this program im just asking wats the calc 4

darthdave9
darthdave9
110 posts
Nomad

y wud ppl need calcs in mc? i get ur concept for this program im just asking wats the calc 4

As stated in my previous post, all you really need in minecraft is a dirt shelter. He built this because (I'm assuming) it's fun, and it's really cool.

*why *would *people *calculator *your *whats *for

%Pr
Zoey1092
Zoey1092
111 posts
Nomad

im still confused wats the point of the calc... seems pointless

darthdave9
darthdave9
110 posts
Nomad

*facepalm*
There is no point... it was fun to build it is cool. The end.
%Pr

LeftyG
LeftyG
58 posts
Nomad

Like Zoey Im Also Seeing No Point In The Calc

Showing 1-15 of 57