and the ladies know me as charismatic , charming, and funny
though how are you, answering any of these statements is a viable comment
Enjoy =]

• 38 Replies
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

I'm going into year four of secondary school. For the second time but on another level. This is hard in English since we don't have the grade system.

I guess the degree i'm doing isn't party animal type: no chance of going for a drink with newborn Christians who believe drinking is evil.

Please not all christians are like that. Only the worse Christians. I am a Christian and I drink. Not getting drunk because I hate the hangovers. But I live in a town with 17000 people and there are over 50 bars and stuff.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Classes! Which classes does everyone have?

Mine include; Geometry, Chemistry, English Literature, US History, and Geography. I was going to take an Art class and a foreign language class this year, but I'll do that next year.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Getting drunk every weekend is overrated anyway. You mess up your internal clock, uses way too much energy on getting the booze out of the system and you end up looking like a fool no matter how sober you think you are.

I'm Irish. It's a requirement of being part of the population.

Oh, and @Jeff'sInsp: You know that trouble with books you have? Majority of my material is on the web and the rest can be copied from the books. I think I need to buy one or two books.

/bragging.

The words i hate you spring to mind -_-. But good luck with the Masters !

My degree is Theology with modern history, so my final year classes are trends in modern theology, world religion, the reformation in ireland, the book of revelation. My history classes are saints and kings in Ireland 400ad and modern culture in England.
LivingToDie
LivingToDie
303 posts
Nomad

Started school on Friday, had been stressing over it for a week, glad first day is over and done with.

lostmanfound
lostmanfound
124 posts
Nomad

I'm going into Grade9 this year and im kinda nervous.... School starts on the 6th..

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

Organic Chemistry, Trigonometry, Philosophy and Ethics, and the standard English class for sophomores.
dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

I've got trig, physics, global two, gym, probably art, and I have no idea what my english class will look like. Probably just regular english. Oh, and french part two.

loco5
loco5
16,287 posts
Peasant

i'm a Freshman! !

anywho my rant is the fact in my advanced english class i lost points and got in trouble by answering a SINGLE question in a spanish, it wasn't a long question, here is what i put down: Si. <-- that everyone i told laughed at the stupidity of it

and my classes?

first period P.E. (the only class where it isn't hot enough to run and do miles while every other class gets to sit in the gym and talk) Second Geography (which i love) Third Adv. English 1 Fourth Keyboarding which is terribly boring, Fifth, Algebra i get to sit next to a cool (personality not status) person and a pothead and a cheer leader, all of which copy my answers (even though i hate math) and last i get Plant and Animal science which i am part of the FFA

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

i'm a Freshman! !

So am I.

I started high school exactly 3 weeks ago. I'm taking mostly Honors classes, which are alright. It's quite unfortunate that this isn't even close to the amount of homework that I'll be getting soon enough.

My classes in order:

1st Period: PE. I don't know too many people in this class, and it's kind of boring when we're not running or something of the sort.

2nd Period: Spanish 1. Since I live in Southern California, this is pretty essential. I don't know anyone in this class either.

3rd Period: Honors Biology. I like this class for some reason. I dunno why, I just do. :P

4th Period: World Cultures Honors. I like this class too, because the teacher is cool, and doesn't give out all that much homework (so far.)

5th Period: Geometry Honors. Don't even get me started on this class. I hate math with a burning passion, and that's all I really have to say about it.

6th Period: English 9 Honors. Since I want to be a writer when I'm all grown up and whatnot, I enjoy this class. Sure, there's a lot of homework, but I enjoy the reading portion of my homework.

/wall of text
ElaineThreepwood
ElaineThreepwood
14 posts
Nomad

It's very difficult to understand what you're talking about, but your classes seem to be more interesting than mine.

Well, my class... I had my Baccalauréat in June, exam in the end of the highshcool. I had the one called "L", about Litterature. My classes were French litterature, English, Spanish, History and geography,another English class as option, and Philosophy. It was so boring.
In October I will be at the University (FacultÃ&copy to learn about England and America history, litterature, spoken and written language.

Demetra
Demetra
62 posts
Nomad

Im going in University.I think it's like school.You have to study hard to pass exams.Your books are loooads thicker and with more pages.About 600 in each :P And the subjects you do has to do with something you are studying for.Not too general stuff.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Im going in University.I think it's like school.You have to study hard to pass exams.Your books are loooads thicker and with more pages.About 600 in each :P And the subjects you do has to do with something you are studying for.Not too general stuff.

It's sadly not as good as school. Trying to listen to your lecturer talk at the speed of light while you jot everything down can be a bit difficult, but the weekly seminars are a good help so make sure you attend them !
Demetra
Demetra
62 posts
Nomad

[quote]It's sadly not as good as school. Trying to listen to your lecturer talk at the speed of light while you jot everything down can be a bit difficult, but the weekly seminars are a good help so make sure you attend them ![quote]

You are super right about this trying to listen and keep notes at the same time in a huge class with more than 200 people is not less than hell!When we got seminars though i love attending them i learn so many things!And oh my precious god!I would give anything for one day back to school!

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Well my first week was... filled with a lot of work. Glad it's the weekend now.

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,747 posts
Peasant

Umm. There are already a thread named School. Either this one or that one probably should be locked. But I don't know.

Showing 16-30 of 38