ForumsThe TavernLiving With Zombies

54 5875
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

The topic for this is, what would you do if you were living in a place almost completly over run by zombies? How do you think you would fare mentaly if you had to fight zombies off constantly, have not many survivors with you to keep you sane, and not having much sleep from having to watch for zombies?

• 54 Replies
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

I would find an abandoned skyscraper and go live at the top. Then I could watch form zombie and not fight them cauz I blew up the stairs and they r too dumb to use the elevator

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

I would find an abandoned skyscraper and go live at the top. Then I could watch form zombie and not fight them cauz I blew up the stairs and they r too dumb to use the elevator

But then how would you survive without food and water?
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

Well I live in the countryside so the first thing I would do is go to the closest town to get stuff like rifles,ammo,supplies and anything else I could find then go back home and border up all windows and doors other then one which would be guarded at all time because there is 6 people in my family and if any zombies come anywhere near it would be pretty easy to see them coming because of the wide open spaces around the small village I live in so I think it would be pretty fun to start of but I suppose after a few months I would just get sick of it and do stupid stuff to zombies and probably get bit. Oh and for constant amounts of food there is alot of farms near where I live so they could supply alot of food.

And yes I have planned out what would happen if zombies were real after watching lots of zombie films and games.

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

Well I live in the countryside so the first thing I would do is go to the closest town to get stuff like rifles,ammo,supplies and anything else I could find then go back home and border up all windows and doors other then one which would be guarded at all time because there is 6 people in my family and if any zombies come anywhere near it would be pretty easy to see them coming because of the wide open spaces around the small village I live in so I think it would be pretty fun to start of but I suppose after a few months I would just get sick of it and do stupid stuff to zombies and probably get bit. Oh and for constant amounts of food there is alot of farms near where I live so they could supply alot of food.

But is there enough water sources near you? And this is zombies, so having a decaying body walking around and sleeping in streams prolly will be common so you have to have more than one water source. I bet you would be able to use tap water for a while but after a year of non-maintence it will prolly stop working or water wont be clean. Also if would be hard to gather food from the feilds since zombies could be just walking around in there and who knows if the moaning sound is just a video game fantasy.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

If you were living in a place with the majority of the population being Zombies, wouldn't we adapt to it and eventually accept them? Considering they don't exist, if they did, how would we know the myths we've created about them are true?
Maybe they come back to life and are as friendly as they were when they were alive.
I'd personally like to make friends with them.

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

If you were living in a place with the majority of the population being Zombies, wouldn't we adapt to it and eventually accept them? Considering they don't exist, if they did, how would we know the myths we've created about them are true?
Maybe they come back to life and are as friendly as they were when they were alive.
I'd personally like to make friends with them.

Good point. I actualy once had a dream where I was running from them and it turned out someone tried feeding them Doritos and he started taming all of them and they didn't want to hurt us.
But what if they weren't nice zombies, and more like the Strogg from Quake?
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

If i was living with flesh eating killer zombies, i guess i'd prepare myself, get the things i need: a weapon, torch, food, water etc. I'd lock myself and my loved ones in the attic with our rations and weapon and live life there i guess. When we run out of what is required it would be up to one of us to go scouting for new supplies.
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

If i was living with flesh eating killer zombies, i guess i'd prepare myself, get the things i need: a weapon, torch, food, water etc. I'd lock myself and my loved ones in the attic with our rations and weapon and live life there i guess. When we run out of what is required it would be up to one of us to go scouting for new supplies.

Why a torch? I've only seen them in movies but I dout they actualy could sustain light for long. And what if someone dosen't come back? Or the zombies relized that there was humans in there and they wanna eat you? If it was attacked I dout it would be possible to escape and you would have to starve to death.
LEAPretard
LEAPretard
1,328 posts
Nomad

Everyone else will have that idea. Are you willing to kill for that can of chilli only to get killed by another person? The rule of thumb is: if you don't have it, don't plan on getting it.
endlessrampage73
endlessrampage73
2,539 posts
Nomad

I would do the same thing as pickpocket.
I have a LOT of canned food so that isn't a problem.
Seriously. I tried to count them a few times before. I never finished.

LEAPretard
LEAPretard
1,328 posts
Nomad

Good point. I actualy once had a dream where I was running from them and it turned out someone tried feeding them Doritos and he started taming all of them and they didn't want to hurt us.

You sir just made my day XD
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

would do the same thing as pickpocket.
I have a LOT of canned food so that isn't a problem.
Seriously. I tried to count them a few times before. I never finished

Canned foods usualy aren't as healthy and canned soups contain ALOT of sodium so water becomes more vital.
You sir just made my day XD

What you mean by that?
LEAPretard
LEAPretard
1,328 posts
Nomad

What you mean by that?

It means: LOLXDDATWAZSOOOOOFUNNNY XD XD LOL
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

It means: LOLXDDATWAZSOOOOOFUNNNY XD XD LOL

Good to know.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I'd try to find a mall or other large structure with a lot of supplies then seal off all the entrances and exits. I'd have my family and close friends with me, most likely. Then we'll just fortify the place and make safe zones if zombies do somehow get into the structure. I dunno, it'd be pretty odd having to fight zombies and keep your sanity if all the other people die/turn into a zombie. All the adrenaline would keep me up, though.

Showing 1-15 of 54